hey

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Julian80
New User

hey

Postby Julian80 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:39 pm

hi all well i might just have this thing,just not confirmed yet went to er and ct scan showed mild inflamation and the doc prescibed cipro flaglyl however my symptoms are mild loose bm gurgling light pain really freaking out the depression has set in and family issues are starting to take effect.MY mother is the only showing empathy but is still naive to the point.I Have three girls and i dont want them to visit cause of fear of them gettin it,you all seem very strong in your battle with this Im done figuring out why this happened,punishment,karma who knows but at this point I want to start the battle and try to get somewhat well at least for a while honestly kinda scared but if yall can fight then i can too,I thought about ending it cause of the desolation this causes but I love my girls and family too much so forget that it cant be an option,You all are the only people who understand so Im grateful to find this site I honestly want to do FMT cause it seeems the meds kind of set up for relapse,just my opinion and from reading the posts the docs end up shunning people for fear of being exposed to it or something,I really need advice anything would help and for those still fighting this for a long time you are warriors in my book,stronger than anybody you are all in my prayers.....thanks for your time

maxny1
Regular Contributor

Re: hey

Postby maxny1 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 4:38 pm

Take a deep breath. I would try not to worry too too much until a confirmed positive C Diff test. Did the Doctor say you had CDI?

So many conditions and run of the mill bugs can cause digestive problems! Here's to hoping it's not CDI. And if it is, the forum and the rest of the internet are here to help you get through it. My just ~3 week battle with CDI has definitely caused me tremendous anxiety and depression but there is almost always a light at the end of the tunnel with these things, and our children are a powerful reason to live for, whatever mistakes we may have made in our lives.

Julian80
New User

Postby Julian80 » Fri Oct 14, 2016 5:07 pm

No i have an appointment with GI,but the symptoms point to it,and i took bactrim for skin infection around July and startd having burning stomach and a few pains havent had wd but loose and formed stools so I dont know if i should start meds yet especially cipro and flagyl,just not the norm im used to plus anxiety and depression its hitting hard now had a. breakdown a few times already,I am a worrier too so this doesnt help,I. Know,but I know I have to be strong for my girls I miss them bad feel like a bad dad right now but im gonna fight for them who knows at this moment someone out there is working right now on cures or vaccines,Ive read there is a young woman who has developed a certain type of nano that destroys c diff. mrsa and others but is still in early stages.I think the old timers on here deserve it most as well as the newbies,I Find all of you to be very strong in staying in the battle no one deserves this but we all can stay together and fight there will be a cure or treatment someday soon until then just gotta keep truckin I Know yall dont know me personally but for what its worth I love you all..Keep fighting there will be a way....

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:53 pm

Hello Julian80 Welcome to the site Please read the first thread for all new posters

Sorry you had to find us, it's not clear if the ER did a CDIFF test? Are you waiting for results? The reason I am asking is Flagyl is often what is initially given, but not Cipro. If you are having diarrhea and they believe you have CDIFF a test needs to be done. I would call the ER. It's something that should be treated and you don't want to wait if it is positive. On the other hand, as I mentioned Cipro is not usually prescribed for CDIFF. The first step I would take is to call the ER and clarify if a test was done, if not I would get a sample in now.
Either way, I would also see the GI, not sure when your appointment is but I would still follow up on your ER visit
Hope you feel better soon!
NanciT

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:12 pm

Your symptoms are not likely to be c.diff related.
NO they do not point to it!!!
You have frightened yourself with Dr Google!
Ciprofloxacin is one of the worse offenders for causing c.diff!

If watery D becomes your main symptom get tested but what you describe is not likely to be c.diff

Julian80
New User

Postby Julian80 » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:25 pm

Roy,
I understand but what do u think the inflammation means in ct scan?And haven't taken the meds yet I have them in case,I'm monitoring symptoms I've had 1 bm daily with soft stool,don't know if it's anxiety or what but just concerned because of the bactim I took.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Oct 15, 2016 6:32 pm

Only a stool test can 100% rule out c.diff but with 1 stool a day they would refuse to test!
That refusal is correct and protects you from a false positive result.
99.9% certain you don't need to worry about c.diff.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:06 am

Julian80

The CT could be inflammation which can be from various issues. CDIFF must be diagnosed by stool test, my CT was negative with full blown CDIFF at first diagnosis.
Make sure you see the GI and find out what is going on
NanciT

Jill79
Regular Contributor

Postby Jill79 » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:48 pm

Julian,

I agree with Nanci because I also had an abdominal CT scan with contrast that was normal along with blood work, urinalysis, etc. when I was first suffering with C. Diff. It was only a stool test that confirmed I had active C. Diff.

I've also never heard of C. Diff being treated by Cipro.

Hope you get the answers and / or treatment you need and feel better soon!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:36 am

Julian
Even if you have a positive stool test , with one soft BM per day I would still not treat ,I would take a few probiotics and stay on a bland diet for a couple of days, rest and let my immune system handle it. Cdiff can actually go away on it's own if it's not a serious infection and if you get treated based on a positive test with minor symptoms you can end up having a full blown infection. However if you end up having diarrhea several times per day with abdominal pain you should get tested and if it's confirmed you must be treated.
I don't think you are dealing with Cdiff!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”