Finding out more & more on going problems!!

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
JustTina
New User

Finding out more & more on going problems!!

Postby JustTina » Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:04 pm

I thought that I was crazy while I was in the hospital ( March 3-May 12)...that my hair was falling out...or was it just the horrible shampoo and brush, etc.?? NO!!! My hair is still falling out by the handfuls!! I've cut off about 8 inches with the hopes that if I get rid of some of the weight, that it would help, but NOOO!!! Is this something that anyone else has noticed?? I even have a few bald spots!! Some of those are growing back in, but the rest of my hair is still falling out!!! Also, my eyesight... I just got new glasses maybe two months before I got sick...now I can't see correctly!! I can't explain it, but the new glasses ( which were fine) are just not right for me now!! Is that an after effect of some of the meds that they gave me, or is it a residual effect of the disease? Is anyone else having either of these after effects?? I'm having a problem getting my insurance to pay for another exam!! I'm afraid driving, not to mention just trying to get through every day tasks...I have my phone set on "Huge" for the font size and still am having problems!!
Can anyone else tell me?? Are you or did you have either of these problems?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Finding out more & more on going problems!!

Postby NanciT » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:46 pm

First, I would advise you see an opthalmologist with a dramatic vision change. I have not seen that response to medication here on the site but everyone is different. You mention you were in the hospital for quite some time, was that for CDIFF? Other issues?

The hair loss is something we have seen on the site, you can look it up in the search bar. I started losing alot of hair while on Vanco( 3 months) and it continued but I also have had thyroid cancer before CDIFF and it caused problems with my thyroid medication due to weight loss during CDIFF. If you search through, you will find others with hair loss. It took time but mine has grown back( nearly 2 years post CDIFF) although they are still working on regulating the thyroid.
You may want to consult a dermatologist about the hair loss, they may be of some help.
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:04 am

Last year my hair was falling in handfuls as well , it stopped after I started taking a vitD supplement.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:46 am

Stress can make your hair fall out too and so can thyroid issues and vitamin deficiencies. I would see your doctor and ask about having your vitamin levels and thyroid checked.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:28 am

I ditto Beth. When my Graves Disease of the thyroid was severe, I had noticed hair loss. Graves also affected my eyes big-time. I would definitely get a complete blood work done to rule out thyroid issues or other deficiencies.

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:51 pm

I lost and continue to loose hair. It falls out in my hands while washing my hair. I am 1.5 yrs post cdiff infection free.
Teresa_68

kandr
New User

Postby kandr » Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:13 pm

I am also having Hair Loss and Eye problems ! Had eyes checked & thyroid Checked ! both Eye Doc & Endo Doc said everything ok.

I think i have an Autoimmune disease ? Hashimoto's ? not sure My TSH is ok, My T4 free is ok. But my TPO is very High (1688) normal is below 34, My ThGb is 416 normal is 1, i think ???

I am SO SICK of Doctors !!! Sorry ! I am Done !!!

JustTina, you are not alone !

kandr

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:01 am

We don't give medical advice Kandr , but I just wanted to say that you are right , you diagnosed yourself right . :)))

Return to “Free Form Discussion”