A show that showcases a cdiff story

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
sevla
Regular Contributor

A show that showcases a cdiff story

Postby sevla » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:16 pm

Hi everyone. I don't know if you are familiar with Tig Notaro - a comidian that had breast cancer and cdiff at the same time.
She has a show that narrates her story - however the focus on that real show was breast cancer and all things that happened to her that year.

She has now a new fictional show which is based on thar very difficult year (in which hee mom dies as well - of a head injury). She wrote a comedy/sitcome based on all events. It's a very dark comedy, but it really gives a lot of attention to cdiff, fecal transplant, etc. The show just premiered on Amazon and it's called One Missisipi - dark comedy with very charged moments around illness. Worth watching (each episode is 30min long).

First time ever cdiff is featured on a show to this extent.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: A show that showcases a cdiff story

Postby NanciT » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:44 pm

Thanks for posting, I saw her talking about the CDIFF and breast cancer on another show. I LOVE when people get the word out on this illness!

I will watch it!!

NanciT

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Fri Sep 09, 2016 10:46 pm

I do remember hearing reading her story. I believe it was in People magazine. C. Diff gets very little media attention, but she evidently struck a chord with someone.

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Fri Sep 09, 2016 11:35 pm

I just started watching it! Interesting characters and I like the dry humor.
Teresa_68

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 10, 2016 2:26 am

maxny1
Regular Contributor

Postby maxny1 » Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:52 pm

I had to skip some of the scenes in Episode 1, too heavy for me at the moment, but wow, great show so far. Thanks for posting.

She has a bunch of hysterical video's on youtube, conan appearances, netflix doc, and an hbo special too. Not much else could make me laugh right now. And I dont see any other stars talking about CDiff. Takes a comedian I guess.

edit, her live show from 2012 where she does a unique stand up but about C Diff, Cancer, and Losing her mom, all in 4 months, is free on Amazon Pime:

Tig Notaro | Format: MP3 Music
Link: https://amzn.com/B00HL00PZC

Return to “Free Form Discussion”