To Knitter

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Knitter

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 14, 2006 12:39 pm

How are you doing? How was the anniversary?

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Tue Mar 14, 2006 6:18 pm

Thanks for your concern Bobbie. I'ver pretty much given up on sex in the near future.

Our "anniversary" sure wasn't the dream day we had hoped for. We cancelled the fancy hotel room with the jaccuzzi and settled for a roast chicken meal at home with the granddaughter and then watching TV together. My children would agree that "we old folks don't need passion anyways" so I guess it didn't matter that our plans were messed up because of relapse and a lack of money.

As for how I am, I spend most mornings in the potty because food that goes in in the evening goes out all morning. I have gone down to one meal a day, as this is all I can tolerate right now. I am drinking a LOT of fluids though. I seem to be hugely thirsty all the time. I am very crampy and sore all the time. My outlook on life has gone from "shitty" back to "crappy" most of the time, except in the mornings. I am going to get some iced tea now, as I'm thirsty yet again!

And life goes on.........
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 14, 2006 9:10 pm

Check with doc. Sorry your anniversary wasn't what you hoped it would be. Maybe next year!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Mar 15, 2006 4:02 pm

Knitter,
Have you been diagnosed with new Canadian strain of C. diff. ? If so, reporter from Prevention Magazine would like to talk to you. See info. on site for her contact info.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Thu Mar 16, 2006 11:00 am

I just wrote her a quick e-mail to ask if she wants my story. I will await her response and scribe my "10 month tale" while I wait. Thanks Bobbie. Did she specifically say she wanted to talk to me, or just a Canadian?
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Knitter

Lynne
New User

Postby Lynne » Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:01 pm

Knitter,
May I say that Gatorade (the blue or red) surely kept me out of the hospital. I put it over ice in a insulated travel cup and drank gallons of it and nothing else. Has sugar in it though, but they do make a sugarless kind which I haven't tried, but will if I ever need to. I wish you well.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Thu Mar 16, 2006 10:51 pm

That is the ONLY thing that kept me alive the first and second time I had C. Diff. According to the nurse at the hospital it was the best thing I could do to start drinking that. I preferred the red and at times had to dilute it with bottled water but kept on drinking it by the truck load. That was the time I lost 25 lbs. in three weeks. Perhaps I should try to get a bit more of it into me.
Knitter

Return to “Free Form Discussion”