2nd FMT scheduled

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
code3rn
Regular Contributor

2nd FMT scheduled

Postby code3rn » Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:11 pm

Hello all-

So I ended up relapsing on my vanco taper. My GI doc scheduled me for my FMT (2nd one, first one in 2014) for September 24. I asked him if we are using my sister in law as a donor again, but he suggested to use OpenBiome. So Beth, I will let you know how it goes! When I think about it too much, I worry that I will be doing this every few years when I end up taking an antibiotic. Maybe I should get a masters in nursing so I can become a researcher and find a cure for cdiff!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: 2nd FMT scheduled

Postby getwellsoon » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:44 am

I'm so sorry you are dealing with this monster yet again. I wish nothing but the best for your FMT. I so pray a cure is around the corner for this awful illness.
CAROL

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 9:44 am

I am so sorry that you are still fighting this beast. I pray that this FMT does the trick once and for all for you. Nobody should have to go through this nightmare. I too, hope a cure comes soon. Stay strong and all the best to you.

Lisa

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Sep 03, 2016 2:48 pm

FMT supposed to be ultimate cure but do not think there is any. Taking an antibiotic again is always risky.

Wish you would find a cure - wish someone would.

Best of luck.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 5:27 pm

They're working on cures. Let's hope it will be sooner rather than later. Good luck to you with the OpenBiome. I know many have been lucky with that. As you know, I also tested positive after taking antibiotics in the hospital a few months ago. Had I not been so weak when I got out, I would have done FMT enemas at home right after the antibiotic treatment. I have done this before and it has prevented a relapse for me, but with the very low white blood count, I was advised not to do it then, plus I had no energy to even try.

I think the second FMT will get rid of it for you. Just be careful in the future about taking antibiotics, especially something like Cipro. Cipro did me in not once, but twice. Let us know how everything goes.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”