Tornado affected States...

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Marcia
Long Time Contributor

Tornado affected States...

Postby Marcia » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:34 am

Bobbie i hope you are safe, and anyone in illinois, missoury, Kansas, Arkansas that are being hit with storms.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:24 pm

Yes, we had warnings and sirens blowing all day yesterday. The news said KC area had 20 tornadoes, and there was lots of damage at the airport and 10 deaths -- 9 in MO. (Most of the tornadoes were in MO.) I live on KS side and area wasn't affected. You get used to this if you live in KS, MO, NE. I went to church, my mother's, and aerobics anyway.

I drove during a tornado in l979 in Omaha. My son was 3 months old and very ill -- couldn't tolerate any formula and just released from hosptal, I was out collecting mother's milk from members of La Leche society. No tornado warning -- just thunderstorms. When I got to one woman's house, she told me about tornado and said I should stay there. I wanted to get home to my kids. I drove over all kinds of rumble and through "eye of storm" when it got really quiet. I made it home with two flat tires. I lived in an area they called "Tornado Alley," but it was untouched. Naturally, my husband was out of town. There were four people killed (two in an area I drove through), and Omaha was under a curfew for months. I've had strange experiences -- many evolving around illness. I should write a book: Disasters During Diseases. You may all contribute.

Thanks for asking, Marcia.

angelmom
Contributor

Postby angelmom » Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:06 pm

Ha- I'd have a few stories to contribute. I live in Central IL (Somehow my location is Canada) and we have been slammed lately. Luckily it hit worst about 50 miles away. We have one area that gets it over and over- I'd never live there.
I also outran one hurricane and then last October holed up through another hurricane. It just doesn't seem that Florida likes me!
Linda

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Apr 08, 2006 10:52 pm

Llinda,
Some of us seem to attract trouble -- of all kinds.

angelmom
Contributor

Postby angelmom » Sun Apr 09, 2006 11:39 am

As the saying goes---"Ain't that the truth"! Be it weather, health, men, whatever, it finds me! I have not even gotten rid of the sores on my face and am still worrying about scarring and I get a call that my mom is back in the hospital and a piece of my front tooth just breaks off eating a graham cracker. And they tell me stress makes things worse with the disease I have-- to reduce stress! OKKKKKKKKKKKKK................sure
Linda

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:37 pm

My mother is 89 and having numerous health problems. In two weeks, I took her to the internist, I went to the retinologist, and tomorrow I take her to the podiatrist. The retinologist told me that stress makes eye problems worse. No kidding!

The things that have worked for me:
Exercise
Burning candles and listening to (small) fountain
Reading

Do you have a salve that will heal sores? Tooth can be easily fixed.

Hope your mother is ok.

angelmom
Contributor

Postby angelmom » Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:10 pm

These sores originally started back in October and were finally diagnosed as staph that spread and landed me in the hospital. With all of the IV antibiotics they healed (and got c diff) but then they came back last month. Apparently there were still pockets of infection in the tissue that did not get killed off. And with the disease I have my body keeps sending white blood cells and prtien, but the bacteria was stronger. They have me on tetracycline to specifically target the bacteria in the face tissue and using bactroban (prescript cream). The disease I have damages skin cells-until I started getting this mega expensive artificial enzyme 2 yrs ago, I did not sweat. I look normal.......
I like fountains also, but the exercise thing just makes me hurt. When pain was not a big issue for me, I used to work out pretty regularly. I'm working on some stress reducers.
Linda

Return to “Free Form Discussion”