Self donations.

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
roy
Administrator

Self donations.

Postby roy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:09 pm

When my daughter had her children she paid to have the blood from the umbilical cords put into a bank.
The stem cells can cure disease in them in the future.
I wonder why there's no bank that someone who is undergoing antibiotic treatment can use to store their pre antibiotic flora!
If any of you make $billions out of the idea I want a cut:-)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Self donations.

Postby beth22 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:33 pm

I've thought about that myself. You can store your own blood here in the U.S. before having surgery. I have not heard of the stem cells, but that is a good thing too. Maybe one of these days...

denizz
Regular User

Postby denizz » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:12 pm

well i tought about it many times ..my son had c diff..i dont have c diff but now i am gonna use antibiotics and my biggest concern is if anything happens and my son needs fmt in 6 months i wont be a candidate :( that just worries me :( and thought about deep freezing before starting antibiotics just in case ..wish there was a company willing to do that ...

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 3:30 pm

Remind me never to have fish fingers at your house.

gwang
Regular Contributor

Postby gwang » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:58 am

This program already exists with openbiome: http://www.openbiome.org/personalbiome

Problem is recent data is showing that autologous FMT's are less superior and than donor FMT: http://www.healio.com/infectious-diseas ... -difficile

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:23 pm

Roy - Forest you're a genius but a day late.
Teresa_68

Return to “Free Form Discussion”