Recall

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Recall

Postby Bobbie » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:51 pm

For those of you who use alternative medicine - turmeric has been mentioned many times on this site.

Ground Tumeric has been recalled nationwide under brand names JM Exotic foods & Gel Spice Fresh Finds, due to elevated levels of lead. Blue Mountain brand Jamaican Curry Powder has also been recalled for the same.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Recall

Postby NanciT » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:19 pm

Thanks for posting Bobbie, there are a few on the site who are taking this in one form or another.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:12 am

It's a staple spice in Indian food. Wonder if any of the frozen meals that I sometimes microwave are affected. So much tainted food these days. Wasn't like that "back in the day."
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sun Aug 07, 2016 4:38 am

Allis, it was a lot worse!
Can you remember the Argentinian canned beef in the 1960s
It contained typhoid!
And the paint we used had lead in it.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:04 pm

Roy, I did not in fact recall the canned Argentinian beef episode -- I was a kid in the '60s and my mother never served canned anything -- but Googled it after reading your post. Interesting. Still, it seems there's been a definite uptick in recalls over the last maybe ten years, especially as relates to contaminated produce.
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:38 am

I like to buy Organic Turmeric...it's not expensive. I have purchased the Organic Great Value brand from Walmart, the Turmeric from Penzey Spices is also very good. The Organic 365 brand from Whole Foods is also good and about $3 or $4 a bottle. Hopefully those don't get recalled. :)

Return to “Free Form Discussion”