Olympics

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Olympics

Postby Bobbie » Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:41 pm

Watching Olympics. Love the music and dancing but the state of the water is appalling - lot of raw sewage. Many of the athletes will have to perform in this water.

My son met his wife on Ipanema Beach in Rio - 14 years ago. Guess it was beautiful then.

Glad I am not in Rio!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: Olympics

Postby amyc » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:00 pm

I hope infectious disease doctors are all catching some vacation for the next couple of weeks, because I think there will be a huge spike in patients needing their services when all the athletes, journalists, and tourists return from the Olympics. And raw sewage in the water...anybody here up for a swim in C diff?

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:49 pm

I agree amyc. I saw a report on CH 7 with their physician who said it is a serious problem and very concerned even for the sailing event. Just being anywhere near the water is a hazard.

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Sat Aug 06, 2016 3:54 pm

I did read though that in some countries with contaminated water there's low incedences of C.diff.
Possibly because of phages in the water that kill and eat its spores.
Plenty of other gut wrenching bugs though!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”