Description of C difficile

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Description of C difficile

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:17 am

I read this on FB. A poster noted the description of it from another support site.

...I wanted to share what he (Doctor) said about people who have had C-Diff: "C-Diff is like a hurricane going through your body. The hurricane leaves tremendous amounts of damage. Some places can rebuild much like a town rebuilding their homes. Other areas, like the watermarks on buildings, cannot be removed."

Many escape with one or two rounds of meds while others suffer from side effects for years. I wish I were in the former group.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: Description of C difficile

Postby georgina » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:04 am

Great description , very realistic!! For some of us that were treated a long time , i think we are left with some irreparable damage.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 3:47 pm

I agree.I have one "damaged" body.

kayron
Contributor

Postby kayron » Tue Jul 26, 2016 8:50 pm

Thank you Bobbie for posting that. I am new on the board and new to C Diff. I got sick in January of 2016 and have been sick all year. I have taken Flagyl twice and on my second round of Vanco with taper. Last week I went to my Gastro who has a good reputation (he is extremely busy) and he and the nurse told me that they were going to take me up the road to the mental hospital or take me out and shoot me. I know they were trying to be funny, but when you feel bad you are not in the mood for those kind of jokes. When I left, the nurse told me that they were not going to retest me for C Diff. I didn't know what to think. I am going back to my primary doctor and talk to him and try to decide what to do. I find that doctors do not understand what C Diff does to a person, mentally and physically.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:19 pm

Great description Bobbie...how very true it is! Thanks for posting!

NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:06 am

Kayron,
How insensitive and "Unmedical" for your doc and nurse to to make these comments. They are the ones who should seek mental help. Just because they are busy does not make them infallible - or even competent.

Many doc's do not understand c diff - in fact, no one who has not had it really understands. It affects you mentally, physically, and financially.

I am so upset for you over the behavior of these so called medical personnel. I would find another GI - see the Doctors Forum- and ask your PCP. When you are with someone else and happy with their treatment write these two idiots a letter telling them how they made you feel - and copy the office manager of their practice.

Feel better.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:21 am

Kayron
I hope your doctor and nurse , both get Cdiff!!
You can just make those kind of jokes with people that are suffering.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Thu Jul 28, 2016 5:34 pm

Thanks Bobbie. The hurricane analogy about C. Diff is so right on. After 3+ years, my body is like the area with the watermarks. I was only treated once, but I know there has been some irreparable damage done to my colon and I still have the side effects of IBS if I even try to incorporate some of the food I used to enjoy. In my case, I think age and other health issues has had an effect on my recovery, but I feel lucky that I dodged a bullet and am lucky to still be here. I just take it day by day.

Kayron: I agree with everyone else - what a couple of insensitive idiots those doctors were. NO ONE who hasn't either been through this, or had a loved one who has, can understand the mental anguish that accompanies this dreadful disease. I hope your PC doctor has more compassion and can set you on the right track so you can get this under control quickly and on your way to recovery.

Aloha,
Anne

kayron
Contributor

Postby kayron » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:37 pm

Thank you so much Bobbie and Georganna for your support. I am going to see my primary tomorrow. I also made an appointment with a doctor that is near me that I found on this board. There are so many uncaring medical personnel. When you find someone who cares, you are lucky.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Jul 28, 2016 11:23 pm

Kayron

I am so very sorry to read what both that MD and nurse said. PLEASE report their behavior to your Primary care. No one should be referred to him!! Shocking!! I look at it this way....what you do to others will come back, so good luck to them both.
You need to find another GI NOW!! CDIFF is a nightmare for so many and I am sorry you went there for help and had such terrible comments made. VERY Unethical! Every MD takes an oath to "Do no Harm", he is a sad example of a doctor. She is a pathetic nurse.
Please let us know when you find a new one
NanciT

Return to “Free Form Discussion”