Tea or Coffee reintroduced?

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Dianlynn
Regular User

Tea or Coffee reintroduced?

Postby Dianlynn » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:46 am

I'm on my Vanco taper and besides being tired, doing well. Sleep is better thanks to Valium. I am being very careful with my diet and know everyone is different but have a question.

When did you find you could reintroduce a little caffineated tea? Was it weeks or months later or never? And I know coffee is a big no-no but do others have the ability to have a bit of coffee in a few months or after a year so so?

Thank you! You guys keep me sane.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: Tea or Coffee reintroduced?

Postby NanciT » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:27 am

I actually felt better on the Vanco , when I went off medication the Post IBS bothered me more. It took me awhile but I did start off with a small amount of coffee. If the IBS was bad, I would stay away, but once I started having good days....I had a small amount. I still have small amounts, have found I do much better.
Coffee/Tea any kind of caffeine can irritate IBS so if that is an issue I would go slow.
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:50 am

I don't drink coffee, but I know that it can act as a sort of laxative - makes you go. I drink tea and never stopped it during c difficile. You might start with an herbal tea, like mint of chamomile that is soothing to the intestines. I still drink mint tea in the afternoon and chamomile before bed, but I have regular tea for breakfast. You can also make it really weak at first. If you pour the hot water over the tea bag first and toss out that little bit, it gets rid of most of the caffeine I have read. I do that. Pour a small amount over the bag, toss that out and then pour the cup of tea and let it sit.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:33 pm

I can drink soy lattes with food, but black coffee causes problems. If I try to have a latte without food at the same time, well, hello D. Tea sometimes bothers me more. Like everything else it's going to be trial and error.

overit
Regular User

Postby overit » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:44 pm

I miss my coffee tremendously so I've switched to decaf just so I can get the taste.

Dianlynn
Regular User

Postby Dianlynn » Mon Jul 25, 2016 12:57 pm

Thanks so much for the encouragement. I do herbal decaf peppermint and chamomile so problem. I'm so glad it may come back some day.

I had a bit of black tea with breakfast this morning but i'm not sure it was a good idea. I'll just go slow and remember some day, it will happen.

Thank you!!!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:06 pm

I never stopped drinking coffee but just small amount , without sugar or milk in it and i do fine. Like Nanci said , when i am having a bad day , i don't drink coffe and drink a peppermint tea instead.

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:39 pm

16 months out from last Vanco now drink 1 to 2 cups of coffee/tea day.
Teresa_68

Return to “Free Form Discussion”