RENOVATION AND THE CAT

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
justme
Long Time Contributor

RENOVATION AND THE CAT

Postby justme » Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:44 pm

On the light side, I'll tell you all a story about our home renovation and our beloved cat. We've been having all our flooring replaced except in the kitchen and baths. That meant boarding our middle aged Russian Blue tomcat, Charley or "Chuck". He spent one day/night two weeks ago for the linoleum, and then two full days and one night last week. To say he "hates" leaving home, let alone being in a cage with other "creatures" around him is putting it mildly. In fact, he was so distressed, he didn't pee the whole time he was gone on the second trip. On the way home after picking him up, Tom called me from the car and said "get a couple of towels ready and meet me at the front door ASAP because Chuck just peed in his carrier and is totally covered with pee". He ran with him inside the carrier and into the shower shedding his own clothes in the process. I stood outside the closed door while Chuck "sang the song of his people" at the top of his lungs and got scrubbed down with baby shampoo. Evidently, the poor little guy was so stressed that he had a shy bladder but just couldn't hold it until he got home. I felt so bad for Chuck, but it was funny. My husband, however, was not amused as he had to smell the pee for 10 miles and listen to Chuck wailing at the top of his lungs. Fortunately, we are not planning any more renovations in the near future.
Aloha all,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: RENOVATION AND THE CAT

Postby beth22 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:39 am

Maybe he was mad at you guys for putting him out and this was his way of getting even.:) I guess he did.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:18 am

OMG Anne - That is too funny! Poor Chuck and your husband though! Amazing how stress and anxiety affects animals just as bad!

Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Postby Ismaila » Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:29 pm

Just to chime in - even when I have the worst of my anxiety, or fears, c diff or not, our beloved Voodoo calms me down. I love cats ( and all animals), and they are so soothing.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:02 pm

He's so happy to be home, he doesn't care if his room has changed (and yes, he has his own room - is he special or what?). It's no longer a carpet so spills or accidents can be easily cleaned up. I love all animals, but cats are easier and don't have to be walked. Chuck has calmed down and is resting (which is what he does about 20+ hours a day anyway).

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:04 pm

How cute!! His own room! Cat heaven! Love the story, animals bring us such unconditional love....
NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jul 26, 2016 2:03 am

Better leave the house alone for awhile until Chuck recovers.

Still working on your book?

I am going to write a book titled "Doctors I Have Known and the Mishaps and Miracles of Medicine."

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:19 am

Sounds like an interesting book, Bobbie. I haven't worked on mine for quite awhile. I'll get back to it eventually. I just need a good finish and the best killer (haven't decided who that will be yet).

Return to “Free Form Discussion”