C Diff and Non Functioning Gall Bladder

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
kayron
Contributor

C Diff and Non Functioning Gall Bladder

Postby kayron » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:26 pm

As everyone knows I am trying to rid myself of C Diff and I have a non functioning gall bladder. I am in the 1 capsule a day of Vanco getting ready to go to every other day with a capsule. I also take Entergram to heal my colon along with Florostar. Today I had around 4 or 5 formed soft BM. They were a brown color but the orangey yellow fluid was there and I am trying to think of a polite word to use, but I think you know what I mean. I had another panic attack because I felt I wasn't on the road to recovery. I called the nurse at my gastro office who has had C Diff herself. She told me that she thought I was getting better and since they were formed even though soft I was getting there. I reminded her that I have a non functioning gall bladder and she knows and has it on my records. I have asked my doctor before if the gall bladder not functioning and the C Diff have any connection and he says they do not. Surgeons won't touch me because I have C Diff. Does this sound like a recovery that any of you veterans have had? When I get a negative C Diff I am having the gall bladder taken out. All of this at one time makes me so nervous. I have been going through this sickness since the end of January, but there was a delay in me getting diagnosed. If anyone has had anything similar, please share your story with me. Thank you.

kayron
Contributor

Re: C Diff and Non Functioning Gall Bladder

Postby kayron » Tue Jul 12, 2016 6:41 am

I feel like I am taking two steps back. I feel very crampy this morning. I can't understand why I am so crampy. I very soft BM and 1 small soft orangey brown BM. I took 2 packs of Enteragam yesterday. Usually that will constipate a lot of people. Today is my last 1 a day Vanco. I will skip tomorrow and take one Thursday. The gall bladder not functioning and the C Diff are just an odd happening because I have not received any responses with anyone with C Diff having gall bladder problems. Thank you.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:30 am

I'm sorry that you haven't had any responses from anybody with gall bladder issues. I do not have any experience with gall bladder issues, so I cannot respond to that.

It is not unusual to have loose, frequent stools while on meds and for quite some time after. I would go about 3-5 times in the morning hours for many months after. My stools remained on the yellow side. Even now at about 20 months out, they are still mostly yellow. I am thinking that probiotics may have something to do with that, as I didn't take probiotics prior to c-diff. It actually took me 8 months to have just one BM per day. I had nausea in the mornings in early recovery that accompanied the loose BMs. My point is that things will not be normal for most for several months, and in some instances years. Your body doesn't really start to heal until you are off the meds. If you start to go downhill, with frequent watery D, then that could indicate a relapse. But, if stools are just soft, then most likely that's normal recovery. It can be difficult to differentiate between relapse and recovery. Some of us used the 3 day rule for IBS - under CDI Info as a gage. I was sure one time in early recovery that I was relapsing. I actually retested, and the results were negative. I was so glad that I held off on another round of vanco. As Roy would say, your gut is in a battle right now, with the good guys trying to overpower the bad guys. It takes some time, but the good guys will win out.

kayron
Contributor

Postby kayron » Tue Jul 12, 2016 12:17 pm

Thank you Lisa

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:00 pm

I do remember posters from previous years who had gall bladder issues. I would look in the search box and type in gall bladder and see if there is any information there. You might be able to contact some of the old posters if they have listed an e-mail address or you could try to pm them.

kayron
Contributor

Postby kayron » Tue Jul 12, 2016 5:45 pm

Thanks Beth

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:48 am

I had a non-functional gall bladder and had it removed before I got C diff. The wonderful GI I found after the C diff is not a huge fan of removing a gall bladder just because it doesn't work. I'm struggling to remember exactly what he said, but I definitely remember he thought it was unnecessary to remove it since I had no stones. He started me on colestipol because it binds bile acids in the stomach, which you will apparently always have with either a non-functional gall bladder or no gall bladder. I guess the unregulated flow of bile causes D in a lot of people. It works really well for me, and I am now taking it only in the evening. Your GI might not want you taking it until you guys are sure you are cured of the C diff if you have a history of C, which you had mentioned before?

kayron
Contributor

Postby kayron » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:08 pm

Thank you Amy. I am struggling with this C Diff. I suppose I need to use all the energy I have to get rid of it.

Arielle
New User

Postby Arielle » Sat Oct 29, 2016 10:18 pm

I was just diagnosed with gallstones yesterday, 1 month post vancomycin. I was told it was because I lost so much weight very quickly with the cdiff. Now they want to remove it. Not to happy about this.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”