Weight Gain Goal

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Weight Gain Goal

Postby Cm1619 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:42 pm

I finally met my weight gain goal! I am almost exactly 3 months from getting my c diff diagnosis and I am my weight pre-c diff. I was a tad underweight before getting c diff due to breastfeeding but I am no longer doing that so I'm hoping to gain another 5 pounds or so this summer.

I got down to 98 pounds at one point when I was on Flagyl to treat the infection. I am now 109 and soooooo proud to be there. I was VERY stressed and anxious about my weight. I felt like I looked terrible.

Still no fatty foods, dairy, alcohol, or red meat and certain veggies and fruits. I am going to start to slowly introduce new foods. Any suggestions on how to go about this? I want to try cheese first since I miss it the most. I thought starting with part skim milk mozzarella would be a good option? Any takes on that? Should I just try one new thing a week? I am so sick of chicken, fish, rice, pasta, peanut butter and yogurt.

Hope everyone is doing well and enjoyed the holiday weekend.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Weight Gain Goal

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:53 pm

It sounds like you are doing great! Congrats! I think your plan is a good one. Try introducing a new kind of food back into your diet every week to see how things go. I bet you will do fine!

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: Weight Gain Goal

Postby amyc » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:41 pm

Do you like sheep or goat milk cheese? You might not have an issue with cow milk protein if you can tolerate yogurt though. I was always able to eat baked potatoes with a teaspoon of butter and some 2% milk cheddar cheese if I didn't use too much. Kraft and Target make a tasty sharp cheddar made with 2% milk that provide lots of flavor with a small amount.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”