To Knitter

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

To Knitter

Postby Bobbie » Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:30 pm

Sorry to read you are relapsing again. Hang in there! You're tough -- you'll make it.

cindym
Long Time Contributor

Postby cindym » Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:26 am

Been there and done that so many times that it really gets routine after awhile! Hang in there! It usually takes about a week for things to really get back to normal (or at least for me).
Cindy

Knitter
Regular Contributor

TMI reply for Bobbie and Cindy...

Postby Knitter » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:36 pm

Thanks for inquiring and caring. I'm headed into week #2 of this relapse now, with a bit of a twist. As of yesterday evening I still have:

- the urgency
- the frequency
- the cramps
- the bloating
- the headache
- the loosing of the hair
- the loosing of the weight
- the exhaustion

but now I have a new "thing". I have the urgency and the frequency, but the bm's are like little hard balls when they come out. Is this normal? Everything else is the same as last week. I am sore, crabby, tired all the time and very frustrated! And life goes on..........
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Take care, stay safe and be happy!
Knitter

Knitter
Regular Contributor

TMI reply for Bobbie and Cindy...

Postby Knitter » Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:49 pm

Oh yes, and don't forget the swamp gasses. They have to be the worst part. I am reading a book by Stephen King called Dreamcatchers, where he describes aliens as coming to earth and inhabiting humans and the humans come down with these wicked malodourous swamp gas farts... oops, TOOTS! Sooner or later the inhabited humans give birth (yes males and/or females do it) to beings they call "shit weasels". Perhaps that's what is going on here. Maybe we have all been taken over by aliens and they are living off the noxious gasses we are producing. If that be the case, I should like to dis-invite these creatures or have them returned to their own home world... (ET phoned home and when he gets back there they are going to ground him!!!) and as Shakespeare once wrote:

"If it were done when 'tis done, then twere well it was done quickly".
Vancocin 250 mg. 4 X daily, Bio-K+, 4 acidophilis pills. IBS, Type II Diabetes, A-typical Menieres. C. Diff. 6X/11 months til May/2006; recurred Sept. 26, 2010.
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:33 pm

Oh, good, you are a reader. Have you read The Kite Runner? One of best books I've ever read. It is so good it will (almost) make you forget about C. diff.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Fri Mar 03, 2006 5:44 pm

Who wrote it please? I will look at the library and see if they have it...
Knitter

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Fri Mar 03, 2006 6:30 pm

I called the library. They have one book called "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini, but no books called "The Knite Runner". Is it possible "The Kite Runner" is the book you are talking about? If so, the library agrees with you about how good it is and says that they have 39 copies of it and a waiting list with 293 people on it. I guess it will have to wait for a while before I read this one if this is the book you are referring to. Darn it, I got all excited for nothing I think.
Knitter

Lauren
Administrator

Postby Lauren » Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:03 pm

Knitter - yes - Bobbie means "The Kite Runner". It's excellent. I've read it too. I think "Knite" was a typo - I fixed it.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:40 am

Knitter,
Yep, it's The Kite Runner -- didn't proofread -- in a hurry. Do get on the wait list. You'll be surprised how quickly you'll get it. It's so good people read it in a day or two -- hard to put down. Also, I don't know about Canada, but in the US, there is usually a shorter wait for large print copies. It's out in paperback so isn't expensive. Treat yourself -- it's a "keeper." Or, better yet, tell your daughter to buy you the book as a thank you present for all your hard work.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Sat Mar 04, 2006 11:23 am

I got The Kite Runner last night from Chapters, because I had a few gift cards laying around, so I decided this was the time to get something with them. I did not want to wait for the library to free up a copy and besides if it is that good, I will want a copy here because I reread books all the time. I started reading it last night. Thanks for the tip, it does seem to be a good read. I had not yet heard of it, so I am glad you let me know it was out there. I will let you know when I am finished it. Thanks again! This group (especially Bobbie) does seem to take care of one's soul as well as one's mind and body!!! It's so nice to feel loved when I feel so "crappy".
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 1:27 pm

Knitter,
Thx. for kind words. I think you will love the book. Reading has gotten me through many bad situations. Enjoy!

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Sat Mar 04, 2006 6:32 pm

I told my daughter when she was four that books could take her anywhere she wanted to go in the world. That summer she spent some time at my mother's house, and Gramma wanted to go to a Garage Sale. She took my little "brat" with her. There was a box of books at the sale. My daughter showed great interest in the books, so my mother gave her a quarter to buy one. She picked carefully, looked over all the books and then went to pay the lady. She stood before the lady and said "If you didn't know I'd better tell you, books can take you anywhere you want to go in the world". My mother, intrigued, asked her why she had told the lady that. My daughter replied "Gramma, she is selling the whole world in that box and I wanted to be sure I got my part of it before she changed her mind!"

I have been a "reader" since I was about 10. It is true that books can take you anywhere your imagination will let you go. My daughter is also a "reader" and so was my mother until the day she died. I have found that books have helped me through many many a rough time. Somehow this time, it's not as effective, but I am sure that I will struggle through.

Now.... back to my book. I am quite enjoying it! Thanks again!!!
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Mar 04, 2006 7:09 pm

Knitter,
Glad you are enjoying the book. I've found great comfort in books since I was young. The Secret Garden is still one of my favorites. When I am very anxious, however, they don't help as much -- difficult to concentrate -- but I can usually get back the magic. I read The Joy Luck Club when my father was in intensive care for a month - just kept rereading it. Read it again later, and I hadn't remembered a word of it.

Darling story about your daughter and true. When we go to London, I usually read three books each way while my husband agitates about the late flights, yada, yada.

I always take a book to the doc's office. Might as well be doing something as sitting there worrying and reading ancient magazines.

Knitter
Regular Contributor

Postby Knitter » Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:14 am

OMG that was such a GOOD book. Thanks again! I laughed, I cried, I could not put it down. However, due to the harshness of this relapse, I did NOT forget about the C. Diff. I am having a great deal of difficulty with the cramping, gas, Big D. and rumbling. And life goes on......
Knitter

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 07, 2006 1:16 pm

Said you'd love it. Find another good book to help keep you mind occupied. It won't cure you but will make your recovery less stressful. Sorry, you are relapsing again. This is one evil disease.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”