BAD MOVE!

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
justme
Long Time Contributor

BAD MOVE!

Postby justme » Tue May 24, 2016 7:12 pm

Just a note of warning - don't turn your head, scold the cat, and yawn at the same time. A few nights ago, I did just that resulting in a twisted/pulled muscle in my neck. It was incredibly painful and swallowing was nearly impossible. I couldn't eat or even swallow my spit. I took a muscle relaxant by sticking it under my tongue (of course, then my tongue went totally numb) and that didn't help. Then I took 1/2 of a pain pill and put that under my tongue. After about 2 hours, the muscle relaxed and I could swallow and eat. Of course, my husband was very supportive (while probably trying not to laugh), the cat could have cared less, and hopefully it won't happen again. Now, it just goes down on my ever growing list of klutzy, idiotic, and strange things that happen to me and rarely anyone else.
Aloha to all,
Anne

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Re: BAD MOVE!

Postby Ril » Tue May 24, 2016 7:29 pm

Anne,
I'm speechless! But I have no problem believing it considering some of the things I've done.
You created the perfect storm...love your descriptions of your follow up! Just glad you are ok.
Rita

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed May 25, 2016 12:12 am

It may seem funny in hindsight, but if that had happened to me, I would have totally freaked out. Glad you are ok!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed May 25, 2016 12:54 am

I think that this is called torticollis if I'm not mistaking . If it still hurts ,you can try to apply some Voltaren gel, if you want, it works well for me (I apply it for cervical sponsylosis).

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed May 25, 2016 11:54 am

Oh Anne - that sounds just awful! I'm glad it's getting better though! I love your way with words. It always makes me laugh. Hopefully you are ok now!

Acres
Regular Contributor

Postby Acres » Wed May 25, 2016 4:42 pm

Hi,
Once I was playing with my dog Hershey, tug of war style with a branch and as I pulled up his large & big head smashed into my nose and broke it....
That was my bad move with a pet.....
Happy you are ok...
Scott

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Wed May 25, 2016 5:08 pm

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I'm an "accident waiting to happen". I live in my head and often don't pay attention to where I'm going so I have a long list of "accidents" (lots of bruises and a few broken bones). I didn't know my latest fiasco actually had a name. Thanks Georgina.
Aloha to all,
Anne

roy
Administrator

Postby roy » Wed May 25, 2016 5:21 pm

Are you on the island with the chickens?
I bet it was you that let them loose!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Wed Jun 01, 2016 3:00 pm

Georgina, just an FYI
In Europe you can buy Voltaren OTC in the Pharmacy but in the US we need a prescription.
Crazy, right?

Return to “Free Form Discussion”