Odd taste in mouth & smell in nose

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Acres
Regular Contributor

Odd taste in mouth & smell in nose

Postby Acres » Tue May 24, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi,
I get a strange taste in my mouth and smell in my nose frequently. Never had it before c diff. Kind of hard to describe. Anyone else experience anything like this ?
My ent doc. scoped my sinus down to my vocal cords and all was ok.
Talked to my Primary and GI, both were dismissive. I mentioned candida, both said it's not that.....
Could it be from the probiotics ? (florastor and vsl3)
Could it be from diet ?
Scott

roy
Administrator

Re: Odd taste in mouth & smell in nose

Postby roy » Tue May 24, 2016 3:45 pm

You need to grow taller.

Your nose it too close to your bum.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 24, 2016 4:32 pm

I had it recently too, but I had a sinus infection and assumed it was from that. However, I was taking VSL#3 several times per day (small amounts) which I don't usually do. It was probably from the sinus congestion, but I thought since you mentioned VSL#3, I would post my experience. You could try and not take the probiotics for a day or two and see if it makes a difference.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed May 25, 2016 12:57 am

I don't think that the bad taste has anything to do with diet , although if you are taking saccharomyces boulardii you can get a yeasty taste.

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:49 am

If you have anxiety, that could definitely be causing your symptoms. When my father was diagnosed with terminal cancer my mother had a nervous breakdown and the first thing we all noticed was a wierd smell in her mouth and she said she had a wierd taste and smell in her nose too. My sister also had those exact symptoms when she had postpartum depression and anxiety.

tonia
Regular Contributor

Postby tonia » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:31 am

How strange. For months now I have been having a strange smell stuck in my nose as well. The best I can describe it, it is like I am in a garage full of running cars.....that exhaust smell. No one else can smell it. I thought it was something in our house, even had the furnace checked, but I smell it/taste it no matter where I am.

Have you managed to figure it out yet?

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:36 pm

I agree that anxiety might be a cause to consider. When I had c diff last year, I had an abnormally heightened sense of smell. It was disturbing and annoying. My anxiety was the highest it had ever been in my life and when that subsided, so did that symptom.

iamsick
Long Time Contributor

Postby iamsick » Tue Jun 07, 2016 2:28 pm

The taste and smell senses are linked to our brain. Older but interesting link, http://www.nbcnews.com/health/body-odd/ ... f1C9926312
Teresa_68

Return to “Free Form Discussion”