Wish me luck on retesting

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Re: Wish me luck on retesting

Postby Cm1619 » Thu May 19, 2016 10:03 am

You were right Georgina. I took one last night and woke up to even worse diarrhea today. Also had terrible insomnia. Didn't sleep at all! Won't be taking it anymore. Hopefully I can stop breastfeeding since my daughter is over 1 now and take something else that will help me.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Thu May 19, 2016 3:07 pm

Your test results will take until Monday? You might want to hit an ER for a big hospital that can run the PCR test in house. They batch the tests but you would have results within 12 to 24 hours.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:21 am

Just got the call and my test was negative!!!!! Stools are improving but appetite still off. Not very hungry. I guess IBS really is a lot worse past c diff. I didn't take the Zoloft after reading one of your comments and seeing that it could cause diarrhea. I'll have to talk to my doctor about that. Thank you all for your support!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri May 20, 2016 8:30 am

Zoloft is not a "night drug" , it gives insomnia even if it's taken in the morning to most people , i can't imagine how it was like when you took it in the evening and it's notorius for giving people D. Ask your doctor to give you something else , like a tryciclic or an atipic antidepressant ( not remeron ) or antianxiety meds like xanax , they usually help to slow down the gut and calm down spasm. Discuss that with your doctor. Congrats for negative PCR , so happy for you!!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri May 20, 2016 8:49 am

Congrats on the negative test! What a relief for you. And yes, PI-IBS can be pretty bad and really can replicate c-diff symptoms. When I get bouts of IBS, I do not have an appetite at all and I get terrible nausea with it. So, I don't think it's unusual that you are not hungry.

Cm1619
Regular Contributor

Postby Cm1619 » Fri May 20, 2016 11:37 am

Yes, the nausea and headache is awful today. But no more loose stools. Just tumbling in my stomach. I suppose the extra BM yesterday were due to the anxiety of my test result. My doctor gave my Xanax and I took a half yesterday and suppose I'll take again if I have another bout of IBS to help calm me. I have terrible anxiety now. The worst part is I had to cut my 12 month old off suddenly from nursing. She had a very sleepless night as she was probably adjusting to not nursing before bed. This has been the hardest. I told myself I wanted to stop at a year so I suppose this is forcing me to follow through with that but it's just an emotional time added to the IBS and a few other things I have going on. It's so weird bc I could swear my body is fighting an infection right now!

Regarding the Zoloft-I'm definitely going to ask my doctor for something else. I appreciate the suggestions. I also had insomnia last night possibly from the dose from the night before! And it was only half of a child's dose! Never again.....

Thank you again fellow c diff fighters!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Fri May 20, 2016 11:41 pm

I keep saying recovery is not for sissies but it is good news because it means you are on the road to getting better. So you know now you will have to learn what foods you can tolerate by some trial and error when you are ready and just start slowly. So glad your test was negative! IBS can be a real challenge but remember that anxiety makes it worse. You may not have to automatically rule out the Zoloft or related medications. Side effects are sometimes temporary. Have a discussion with your dr to find what is best for you, and hopefully your dr is knowledgable about those kinds of medications.
In the meantime, I am guessing the dr told you using the prescribed Xanax at bedtime can help relax you for sleep also.
Rita

Ashley20
Regular Contributor

Postby Ashley20 » Sat May 21, 2016 6:12 pm

I have been on Zoloft 50mg since December 2015 and was very hesitant to take it but my anxiety and depression was bad. I was afraid i would have diarrhea but i never did. I did have nausea though...only in the beginning. The doctor increased my dose to 100mg last month and again i thought it would cause me to get diarrhea because of the higher dose...but so far i have not had any diarrhea. I too have a baby who just turned 1 year old and i needed the meds to be able to function as a mom and take care of him. :)

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Wed May 25, 2016 9:24 pm

Ask about lexapro. It's an SSRI like Zoloft but causes constipation as a side effect. Good for IBS.

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu May 26, 2016 12:08 am

Ashley, we can't give medical advice, but you seem to be doing well on the Zoloft so if you and your dr agree that it is a good medication for you and it is helping you feel well and do well, there doesn't seem to be any reason to change.
I am glad you are feeling better. If you do have a problem you can always call your dr and have a discussion with him.
I wish you continued improvement.
Rita

ramu
Regular User

Postby ramu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:51 pm

Ashley, I was very happy to see that your c diff test was negative. There's a lot of anxiety with c diff, which I have also. I was prescribed Lorazopan, which didn't work out for me. I lost control of my emotions on it (i'm a guy)(kidney stone may have had something to do with it), and stopped taking it. I now accept that fear is normal, and if I'm not getting sleep, I'm not getting sleep. Thanks for sharing your story. I hope you are feeling well.... jonathan

Return to “Free Form Discussion”