Success story? And book recommendation.

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
amyc
Long Time Contributor

Success story? And book recommendation.

Postby amyc » Mon May 16, 2016 10:35 pm

He everybody, I have been gone a long time because life has been crazy. I still am scared to post in the success stories area even though it's been 4 years since I had C diff. I just finished a course of Bactrim and mupirocin for cellulitis. I developed D and stopped the Bactrim after 7 days. I freaked out and submitted a test which was negative, and am feeling better. I am taking one VSL-3 tablet and one AOR Probiotic-3 a day, and hopefully that will help keep the beast at bay even though it's below the recommended dose. If I took it 3 times a day I would be miserable.

I want to recommend an excellent book about mast cell disorders called Never Bet Against Occam by Dr. Lawrence Afrin. You can get it on Amazon, and it's fabulous. He is now working at University of Minnesota Med School. My mast cell Doctor is Dr. Philip Miner in Oklahoma City, and he is fabulous, double board certified in gastro and internal medicine.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Re: Success story? And book recommendation.

Postby Lisa33 » Tue May 17, 2016 9:44 am

Hi Amy - Thanks for the info. I know - it is scary posting in success stories, as you feel like you don't want to jinx yourself. I did it at my year anniversary. It's good though as it gives others hope and something positive to read. But of course only do it when you're ready. :-)

Return to “Free Form Discussion”