the importance of updating your progression

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
tessa63
Regular Contributor

the importance of updating your progression

Postby tessa63 » Wed May 11, 2016 12:32 pm

I realized how much information I have gained by searching through this site for the last 7 months while dealing with various issues regarding C diff. Recently I had been searching for proctitis after C diff and came across a poster who stated that they were giving an update just in case it could someone in the future. The update was from 5 or 6 years ago, but it really helped me. The person had an inconclusive biopsy for proctitis and was worried about have UC only to find out later that the inflammation was from resolving C diff. I think even the best ID and Gastro docs are not familiar with the damage that C diff causes in our colons. Everyone is different, but so many suffer from horrible IBS, or leftover swelling and redness etc. It seems as if the docs act clueless when asked if you could continue to suffer many months after C diff has resolved. Thats what makes this site so special. It's real people with real symptoms and the various meds or treatments they have tried. It has empowered me with a lot of information and has eased my anxiety in critical situations. I want to thank the moderators for continuing to do their best despite being asked the same questions over and over. I want to encourage everyone to continue to post updates even though we have busy schedules because you never know.. just like that poster that helped me said "I am posting this just in case it could help someone in the future." It really did...

T

Acres
Regular Contributor

Re: the importance of updating your progression

Postby Acres » Wed May 11, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi,
I agree regarding the doctor's view of PI-IBS. Mine told me about it with a kind of "half hearted" attitude. When I continued to complain his answer was a colonoscopy, which I declined (and I think he is a decent GI doctor). Now, about a month later and with the education and support I received on this site, I believe I have turned the corner and feeling much better.

Taking everyday : vsl3 and florastor probiotics, d-mannose, saw palmetto, papaya pills, dgl licorice pills, strong ginger tea and chamomile tea w/ raw honey....

I also have made a huge effort in positive thinking and positive visualizations to fight anxiety and depression.
I was sitting around dwelling on my situation, but now I am keeping busy and active with dog walking and exercise....
Scott

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: the importance of updating your progression

Postby NanciT » Wed May 11, 2016 10:22 pm

I completely agree, this site provides a great deal of information that is current, sadly much of what the doctors see online is outdated. The statistics are outdated, they are still reporting numbers from 2011.

The side effects from Vanco have changed online, when I started this in early 2014 I found nothing on bladder implications, now I see it often so people are reporting to the FDA. If we all do that, the side effects will be updated. I was told it was not systemic, but it clearly landed me in the ER several times with severe low potassium which is now listed.
Sharing the knowledge is an amazing thing, people seeing GI's and ID's from all over and most information is listed on this site now as far as tapering etc.

I love when people update us, have ideas of things that worked for them, it helps so many.

Great thread to start!
NanciT

Return to “Free Form Discussion”