Re: Prayers please 2

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed May 04, 2016 10:11 pm

Doctor said to try the antibiotic tonight once again. Not to use the Flonase. If I have another reaction, then I have to discontinue the antibiotic and if fever returns, IV antibiotics. I hope that doesn't mean I need to go back to the hospital. Blood count was basically the same as yesterday, maybe one count slightly higher. I guess I have to be patient. Never knew a flu could do such harm!

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Wed May 04, 2016 11:36 pm

Hope you rest better tonight. Praying you don't have to have IV abx! If that happens maybe a home health nurse could come to your house or something. (((((HUGS)))))

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Thu May 05, 2016 12:11 am

I hope things stabilize tonight Beth and you start to improve. But at worst these days IV antibiotics don't necessarily mean hospitalization unless you need to be in the hospital because of your condition, so relax. They insert a port/small IV line and a home health nurse will come give you meds- one less thing to be anxious about. The inhalation was good for the sinus infection but once it became a systemic problem it not relevant as you said. With a bit of luck, tomorrow will bring good news. Enough people are pulling for you....otherwise maybe more suggestions.
Have a good night, hopefully restful.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu May 05, 2016 12:26 am

Thanks, I will call the ID tomorrow. I feel like this is viral still, although they said the virus is gone. I don't see how it can be gone, when my body does not have the white blood cells to fight it off. I don't think the antibiotic will help. It did it's job. Fever is gone. At this point, I don't think it can do much more.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Thu May 05, 2016 6:52 am

Beth, Maybe the flonase is causing problems as it is a steroid. Also the nasocort, I would ask about these. I am praying you get to feeling better. Yes, they hook you up at home to the IV atx, I had a friend who had to do this for 6 weeks and did fine. Hoping you and Doc can figure this all out and you get back to where you were 2 weeks ago. God is in charge, hang onto this. Loving and praying for you.
CAROL

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu May 05, 2016 1:13 pm

Did not use Flonase last night and did not have the problem. I was calm and able to get a good night's sleep. The antibiotic may or may not be helping. I have a call in to the doctor's office to talk about that. Perhaps they can cut the dose. So far no D, but this morning was the first time I took that huge pill with breakfast. With dinner it is ok, but I know with less food it will most likely be a problem. I guess I will have to eat rice every day or something.

My blood count did improve a little yesterday. The doctor's office has a different scale and it is hard to compare, but from what I calculated, it had gone up from the day before when I left the hospital. Am supposed to take folic acid every day to help the blood count as well.

Still hanging in there. Thank you all for your support. I really don't know what I would do without it. Knowing that people care and are praying for me, really does help.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Thu May 05, 2016 2:06 pm

SO glad to hear that you got a good night's sleep, Beth. I've been thinking about you and praying for you so much! I truly hope this sickness leaves quickly and you bounce back with no problem. Keep hanging in there! Hugs!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu May 05, 2016 8:06 pm

The sinusitis is not leaving quickly at all. Can't breathe well or hear well. I don't think at this point the antibiotic is helping, but I have not spoken to the ID yet. I have to do what he says as I don't want to wind up in the hospital again. Maybe it is to help the white count. Fever has been gone since the IV antibiotics were given. It's very hard to be home alone, mostly psychologically. Tomorrow I go for another blood test. Hopefully, that will continue to improve and once the white counts are normal, I can see what to do about the sinuses. I will ask about the inhalation therapy, although I am not sure anyone around here does it. If any of you had it done, where was that?

Trying to stay calm and not get a panic attack. Don't want to be pacing around all night!

Doctor just called. I can stop the antibiotics after tonight or tomorrow morning. Need to see ENT if symptoms of ear blockage continue.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri May 06, 2016 12:47 am

Glad you are a little better and will be off antibiotics soon - yeah!

Do you do saline irrigation? It helps me a lot. I "beat" one sinus irrigation with gentamicin via saline irrigation. Sinus surgery - no antibiotics - helped a lot.

I remember how awful it was to be home alone and sick. It felt as though I was isolated in everyone 's busy world.

Remember, we are all thinking of you.

Will phone you when you feel better.

Take care of yourself.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri May 06, 2016 1:59 am

ID said they do the inhalation therapy for chronic sinusitis, not acute like I have it. The opening is too blocked for the meds to get in anyway, but they don't do it and I don't think it is an infection anymore. Just inflammation and Eustachian tube blockage most likely. I do sinus irrigation, but not the kind you do - a gentler one. Right now I can't do any because of the low white count. Not supposed to introduce any water into there. Can't be around plants or flowers, pets, people, etc. Have to wear a mask when I go to the doctor's office, not because I am contagious, but so I don't catch anything. Psychologically, that is hard. Hope tomorrow's blood test brings good news.

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Fri May 06, 2016 3:05 am

Glad you are seeing improvement Beth , hope this will be over soon , you had enough. It's a very good thing that you are wearing a mask at doctors office, you have to protect yourself until your white count goes back to normal. I am wearing a mask too , I wore it yesterday at work and at my pulmonary doc. office where I went because I freaked out (coughing very bad with nasty sputum , feeling really low but no fever) thinking it may be TB back , thank GOD is just the flu. The good thing is that the X-ray was looking beautiful , can't even see the scar anymore.
I'm praying that your test result tomorrow are great !!

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Fri May 06, 2016 4:39 am

Beth: I've just been reading all the posts to get updated on your condition. It sounds like you are slowly getting better and past the critical phase. Recovery from something like this is especially hard when we're older and aren't able to bounce back like we used to. It will take time for your body to heal and able to endure the rigors of daily life. Take it one day at a time and do only what you can manage. Gets LOTS of sleep, try to eat as much as you are able, and rest, rest, rest. Take care and remember - time heals all wounds (and wounds all heels). That last part was my mother's mantra and I thought I'd just throw it in for a laugh.
Thinking of you.
Much Aloha,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri May 06, 2016 12:19 pm

Thanks, everyone. I will see what the day brings. I guess I will take one more dose of the Ceftin. Sinuses do feel somewhat better this morning and I would hate to stop it too early and then have to start all over again with something else.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri May 06, 2016 2:10 pm

Beth,

What a difficult journey this has been, but it sounds like things are slowly improving. I have been thinking of you and praying you will start feeling better soon....sometimes it is much slower than we hope but each day may bring you more strength
NanciT

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri May 06, 2016 2:54 pm

Another bad decision taking that last antibiotic pill. I got a horrible reaction again - weakness, panic attack type symptoms, jitteriness and head feels more stuffed. I just hope it did not knock down the blood count, although the doctors knew what I had when they gave me this. This was the last dose. Hopefully, by evening the effects will wear off and tomorrow I will feel more like myself again. I thought since this morning I felt better, the medication had helped and I did not want to change symptoms returning with stopping prematurely. When the doctor told me I could stop last night, he was figuring 6 days, but it had actually only been 5.5, so that is why I took the last dose to make it 6. Hope I didn't do the wrong thing as usual.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”