Re: Prayers please 2

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun May 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Beth,

I am so sorry this has continued....yes, make sure to get an entire thyroid panel. As you know, if you have a history of thyroiditis, and get ill with flu, virus or infection it can throw the numbers all off and cause many of the symptoms you are experiencing! The electrolytes are just as important so hopefully they will do a full panel Monday.
Thinking of you....
NanciT

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 08, 2016 7:29 pm

Nuts to your doc. Feel better.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:22 pm

Beth - I am just catching up on all that you have been going through. I cannot believe this. I wish there was something that I can say to make things better for you. The good news is that your counts are improving. Thank God. I am so very sorry that you have been so ill. Stay strong. You will get through all of this soon. I know the fear of taking the antibiotics is overwhelming, but you didn't have a choice. I will continue to pray that c-diff stays away and your body continues to heal from this ordeal. God Bless You and hope you feel better real soon.

Prayers and hugs,
Lisa

Momof3
New User

Postby Momof3 » Tue May 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Just checking in to see if there was any update! Hope you are feeling better!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 10, 2016 3:49 pm

Not much new. The white count is still low, but much better than when I was discharged from the hospital last week. So, it is an improvement. I feel completely exhausted and still have episodes where I feel as if I will collapse. I was worried about the leg weakness, as influenza can trigger Guillain Barre, but doctor said he did not think that is what it was. It happened to a friend of ours.

Other than that I'm really depressed, weak and fatigued, and just hoping and praying that I will feel halfway normal soon. They say the virus is out of my system, but I still have cough and my sinuses and chest don't feel well at all. My muscles hurt too. I was able to sleep last night and I am grateful for that. I was exhausted after going to the doctor's office and then to the hospital lab to get the blood tests. No way I can go back to teaching until the fatigue is better.

Thank you for checking. It means a lot that you care.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue May 10, 2016 9:01 pm

You are on my mind, Beth. I am continuing to pray that things improve even quicker for you. You don't deserve to go through this hell. Stay strong and try to keep positive. This will eventually pass.

Prayers and hugs,
LIsa

Momof3
New User

Postby Momof3 » Tue May 10, 2016 10:11 pm

You were such an encouragement to me (and countless others) when I was battling cdiff last summer. I remember being diagnosed and being freaked out, having been given little to no info from my Dr and having a newborn, infant and toddler all to take care of. Praise Jesus I found this site where you and so many others offered your experience and encouragement but more than that you gave me hope. What and incredible blessing you are to others!

Praying and believing for full healing and restoration of your body and mind (cause we all know the anxiety goes through the roof!), for wisdom for you and your doctors and for peace and rest! Please keep us updated! Hugs!

daisy
Regular User

Postby daisy » Tue May 10, 2016 10:31 pm

Praying for you too!!!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”