Will be Away through May 7th

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Will be Away through May 7th

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:41 pm

I just wanted to let everybody know that I will be away through May 7th, so will not be on the site at all. I wish all of you health and recovery from this awful illness.

Talk soon,
Lisa

Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Re: Will be Away through May 7th

Postby Ismaila » Fri Apr 29, 2016 1:59 pm

Dear Lisa!

Wherever it is that you are going, I wish you the best time ever! Enjoy!

Ismaila

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:33 pm

Have an AMAZING time Lisa!!

NancIT

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:11 pm

Thank you so very much!

Ismalia - we are going to Disney World and then Clearwater Beach in Florida! We fly out early in the morning. I can't wait to just get there. I get such anxiety preparing for a trip, and my daughter's allergies have been really bad, so I'm worrying about her ears on the plane. All I do is worry, worry, worry! :-)

But thank you and speak to you all soon!

Lisa

ResearchGrandma
Regular Contributor

Postby ResearchGrandma » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Do you have the special ear plugs for your daughter called earplanes? They have little valves inside that prevent the pressure from hurting eardrums. Probably you can buy earplanes in one of the shops at the airport, but of course they are cheaper in drugstores or Walmart (generic kinds available also). My right ear plugs up easily and so I always use them when flying.

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Fri Apr 29, 2016 10:43 pm

Have a wonderful time, Lisa! You deserve it! : )

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:08 am

Have a wonderful time, Lisa. Enjoy!

Ismaila
Regular Contributor

Postby Ismaila » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:53 am

God, I remember when I took my son to Universal Studios in Orlando! He was four. He certainly had fun, but I was bored out of my skull! LOL.

Seriously, it is so worth it - although since my son was born 18 years ago, all my life has been pretty much: worry, worry, worry.... I think shortly after he was born, I started developing anxiety disorder that never left me, to this day. But, I digress...

Enjoy dear friend, nothing bad will happen!

Ismaila

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:25 am

Have fun Lisa!!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun May 01, 2016 1:20 am

Have a wonderfull time Lisa!

Ril
Long Time Contributor

Postby Ril » Tue May 03, 2016 6:18 pm

Hope you are having a great time. I live right down the road a bit, near the coast. Weather is beautiful enjoy!!!
Rita

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Sun May 08, 2016 9:06 pm

What a great trip! Disney was awesome, but sooooo hot! It was sunny and in the 90's everyday. The light/fireworks display at the castle was just breathtaking! We had such a great time. It was definitely "magical". We spent the second half of the trip at Clearwater Beach, which is just beautiful. It's my favorite beach in Florida. It's on the gulf side. Overall, we had a great time. It always stinks getting back into the grind of life. Of course traveling, especially with kids can never go smoothly. We went with another couple and their five year old. As soon as we landed, my friend and my daughter started with colds. My daughter then started with a cough and then the other 5 year old started with a cough. It wasn't anything terrible, so we were able to make it through Disney. Our last night in Disney, we went in the pool at the hotel. My daughter swallowed by accident some pool water. Vomits on the spot. I thought nothing of it, since I figured it was from the pool water. She wakes up the next morning and vomits 3 times and is very pale. She wanted to sleep, so she slept for an hour before we had to check out. When she woke up, we had to drive to Clearwater. I thought we were doomed in the car, but somehow, she miraculously was better after the sleep. I have no idea if that was from the pool water or a stomach bug. Then it gets even better. In the midst of these colds/coughs/vomiting, she develops this boil thing on the back of her leg. I brought her to urgent care in Clearwater, and they told me to use warm compresses and neosporin to try to draw it out. It's not going away, so I'm taking her to the doctor this week. I want to make sure this doesn't turn into a staph infection, etc. Then of course on Wed, I caught their colds and lucky me got to fly home with a bad cold last night. I don't know if any of you have ever flown with a cold, but I do not recommend it. I thought my head/ears were going to explode off my body during landing. My left ear just unclogged this morning and is still popping. What craziness! But, none of it hindered our plans, and we got through Disney ok, which was great. My daughter is a real trooper. But regardless of the sicknesses, we had a great time.

I hope all of you are feeling better. And to all of the Moms - Happy Mother's Day! Hope you all enjoyed your day.

Lisa

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 08, 2016 9:25 pm

Welcome back, Lisa. Glad the tri was fun in spite of the glitches. Yes, I have flown with a cold, and it was awful. Smart to check on the staph for your daughter.

Beth has been very ill. We have two new moderators - AllisS and Rita - but can always use your help.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun May 08, 2016 10:11 pm

Welcome Back Lisa!! You have been missed! Sorry to hear about the complications of the trip and I hope your daughter feels better!!
Sounds like it was hot there! Hope the kids enjoyed Disney!
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Mon May 09, 2016 12:59 am

Welcome back Lisa , we all hope I had a great time although it seems you had few minor incidents that could have ruined your trip.I hope your daughter is feeling better!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”