Prayers please

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Re: Prayers please

Postby AllisS » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:40 am

Thinking of you; hoping there will be a change for the better very soon.

Allison
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

zinnia1
Regular Contributor

Postby zinnia1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 3:52 pm

Beth- you have researched this brilliantly and are a wonderful advocate for yourself. I think when thinking about all the variables you have to do what you have to do. Sometimes when we get to that place the answer becomes more simple and obvious. I bet you will do great!!!!! I just heard that my dad was going on antibiotics for UTI issues and I wrote him a long note about c diff and different kinds of antibiotics and what to ask doctor, etc. Out of my care for him and my own total post traumatic stress. I made him crazy and he wrote me a note saying he had been taking antibiotics his whole life and has been fine. And I of course think everyone is going to get c diff so I am trying to educate the masses! Sigh. At least I know I said something. And he will be fine I am sure.
You have the "tools" and experience, and your doctor knows your situation. Now you just have to take the necessary steps to feel better. I am sending positive thoughts!

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:14 pm

Beth, I'm sorry about this crappy infection you're battling! Is there anything they can give you to boost your white blood cells? When I was doing chemo they have me Neulasta injections the day after the first four treatments. But I didn't know if there are other things for people not undergoing chemo that could help the cell counts? Maybe there is. Anyway, I'm holding you in thought and praying. (((((HUGS)))))

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sat Apr 30, 2016 8:19 pm

Beth: I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope whatever is causing your health problems can be resolved without having to resort to an antibiotic that could trigger a recurrence. Having a mitro valve prolapse does complicate things when an infection occurs (I have one also). Hopefully, if it happens that you do have to take one, the increased probiotics will help deter C. Diff from taking hold. We are all sending you our prayers and positive thoughts for your recovery.
Aloha nui loa,
Anne

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 01, 2016 6:17 am

In hospital fighting to live. White count 1.2. Please pray

Momof3
New User

Postby Momof3 » Sun May 01, 2016 7:24 am

Praying for full restoration for you this morning! Praying for an overwhelming peace and for extraordinary wisdom for your healthcare providers!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 01, 2016 9:55 am

Very scared.. one week I'm fine and then so sick. They discontinued the levaquin. Gave me an iv of something else. I'm not ready to die.

AllisS
Long Time Contributor

Postby AllisS » Sun May 01, 2016 10:06 am

I truly believe you will get better. Though not a big fan of hospitals, glad you're in an environment where you can receive the care that you need. And though normally I don't pray, am making an exception for you.
All best,
Allison
If your illness was preceded by use of a medication, e.g., an antibiotic, please fill out an FDA Adverse Event Report at http://www.fda.gov/Safety/MedWatch/default.htm

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun May 01, 2016 11:12 am

Beth, I wrote a long response here yesterday but do not see it here!!

You mentioned an endo and GI, with the WBC now at 2.1, please talk with them about bringing in a hematologist. I was reading through the post here looking for a reason, it appears they are unclear why the WBC is low...as we know the antibiotics will bring it lower....right now the hospital is the best place for you to have all the testing needed.

My heart goes out to you, sending positive thoughts and prayers to you and that the doctors will get to the bottom of this for you and get you on a treatment quickly.

Take care
NanciT

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Sun May 01, 2016 11:47 am

Beth , my heart breaks for you , i'm so sorry you are going trough this. I know how scared you are , please know that i'm praying for you!1

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sun May 01, 2016 1:10 pm

My heart also breaks for you, Beth. I really hope that they get to the bottom of this and help you recover very fast.
Hang in there! Stay strong.

Keeping me in my thoughts. Hugs

Nancy1
Administrator

Postby Nancy1 » Sun May 01, 2016 1:37 pm

Lots and lots of healing wishes are going your way. And hugs!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 01, 2016 1:58 pm

Liz,
You will be OK You are a fighter. Much love and many prayers.

We miss you. Hang in there.

I have a friend who,has a constant low white count. Docs do not know why but she receives a weekly and sometimes bi weekly shot (do not know of what) that boasts the count.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun May 01, 2016 4:30 pm

My white count went to 1.2 yesterday. I'D and henatologist are supposed to come today.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Sun May 01, 2016 5:51 pm

VERY happy you have both on board!!! This is what you need and between the two of them they will figure things out.

Praying for you.....

NanciT

Return to “Free Form Discussion”