Prayers please

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Prayers please

Postby beth22 » Fri Apr 22, 2016 9:43 pm

PA ordered doxycycline, but told me to hold off to see if it gets better. That is what I plan on doing. High fever in the middle of the night, but took Tylenol and went back to sleep and no fever this morning or most of the day. So that is an improvement. Am using the Afrin and Nasacort for the congestion, which is pretty bad. Hope I don't lose the rest of my hearing. Thank you for all the prayers. Hopefully, the fever will be gone completely tomorrow and I will be on the mend without the need for the doxy, although it does seem to be a sinus infection - maybe just viral though. I always thought that discolored mucus meant infection, but I guess sometimes it can just clear on its own. I'm hoping so. Ear is still stuffed, so can't hear well.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:45 am

Fever came back today, but not as high. The Tylenol is giving me itching and a rash in a few places. Oh Joy! I can't take Advil, so I hope this fever decides to leave soon. Did not get the tests for influenza A & B back yet or throat culture, although my throat doesn't really hurt. It's my sinuses and head that ache - even the day before I got sick, I had a horrible headache. I don't get upper respiratory infections often, but when I do, they're bad ones.

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Sun Apr 24, 2016 9:41 am

I am just reading this now. I am so sorry Beth!
I had a bad cold for two weeks, mainly sinus/head cold - had discoloured mucus for almost 3 weeks and my head was so congested and ears also affected by it. Every night I used those vapor inhalers with a vic tab to open and clear sinus.

Hopefully it's viral and you don't need the antibiotics! Very important is rest..sleep as much as you can (take something to sleep if you can), drink lots of fluids and rest. Don't try to go to work!

Sending positive thoughts and hugs!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:12 pm

Well, I guess I should have expected it with all the fever, Tylenol, etc. - have loose stools again after having normal bms for a long time, even after my bout at ER last month. The Tylenol gave me itching and a rash, so maybe it gave me the loose stools too or maybe just the virus itself. Fever has been down, so I have taken much less Tylenol - only once yesterday. Guess I have to stop it now and hope the fever doesn't return. Still no word on the culture. Am waiting for PA to call.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 3:35 pm

The loose stools is probably from everything going on. I hope you get the culture back today. The good news is that the fever has improved and hopefully gone for good. Given that you are improving, it most likely is viral. Have the sinus issues gotten any better?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:27 pm

The regular throat culture did not show anything. They are waiting for the viral culture to see if it is the flu, but that isn't so important, as long as it was not bacterial. The sinuses are better. I can pop my ears a little now. Headache is also better. Stomach is not good. Maybe it triggered pancreatitis, although I don't usually get D with that. I think it was probably the fever, Tylenol and virus, although I had some grated cheese on pasta last night that tasted "off" and I kept burping up the taste all evening. So did my husband, but he did not have loose stools. Hopefully, it will be better tomorrow. I am totally exhausted and doctor's office wants to run iron panel because my red count is within normal range, but low. I see the doctor on Friday, so it can wait until then. They have to check a lot of stuff with thyroid, etc. If I don't go in anemic, I will leave anemic with all the blood they will probably take.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Mon Apr 25, 2016 6:47 pm

Thank God it all appears to be viral! Viruses make us so sick, but we will take them over bacterial anytime! It sounds like things are going in the right direction, so hopefully you feel even better tomorrow!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:19 am

Happy your culture was negative , that means you don't need antibiotics. Agree with Lisa , looser stool are from everything that has been going on , your stomach is more sensitive these days.Maybe you should eat blander food for a few days until things calm down. Rest a lot and keep yourself well hydrated.
I hope you get well soon!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:25 am

Yes, baked chicken breast and rice this evening. Won't do much for my anemia, but one thing at a time. Holding off on the Tylenol. I wasn't crazy about taking it anyway because my liver enzyme AST was elevated a month ago, but Advil goes right through me. The medication that you mentioned for fever, Georgina, I do not think is available here. The doctor gave me the choices of aspirin, Tylenol, Advil or Naprosyn.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Tue Apr 26, 2016 3:13 am

Beth, I hope you feel better soon. It feels like it's been one thing after another. I have a complicated body myself and so I can totally empathize. I'm glad you have a hubby to take you to the doc!

One thing I found hugely helpful is taking vit D3. I haven't gotten an upper respiratory thing this whole winter, which is hugely unusual for me--I get them once or twice a year and they last for 2-6 weeks!!! and I credit the D3 bc that's the only thing I've changed!
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:52 am

Uh , it must have been taken off the market , seems that in many countries has been removed.Sorry! For me it was the only drug that could reduce the fever when every other treatment failed , and not just for me , for my patients too.You could try Aspirin instead of Tylenol , Naprosyn it's kinda' harsh on the stomach.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Apr 26, 2016 2:55 pm

I was taking D3 daily and have not been sick in two years either. But, a month ago, my levels went too high and I was told to stop. Maybe this is the result. That's what I was thinking too. I see my doctor on Friday and will ask him to re-run the levels. If they are in mid range, then I can start taking it again. I had switched brands and this new stuff (sublingual) shot my levels up 30 points in a month.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Wed Apr 27, 2016 1:16 am

Low grade fever comes back every afternoon around 4:00 p.m. and into the evening and night. I think if this does not stop, I will just cave in and take the antibiotics. Feel so discouraged.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Wed Apr 27, 2016 6:39 am

So sorry Beth, I continue to pray for you. I certainly hope this virus turns around soon. It is so draining to always feel bad, I know. Hoping today is the day that it all goes away.
CAROL

Acres
Regular Contributor

Postby Acres » Wed Apr 27, 2016 8:55 am

Hi,
I use a sinus rinse which has helped me many times with sinus issues.

I just wanted to send you my prayers. You help so many people here.....I hope you get well soon....

Scott

Return to “Free Form Discussion”