Never a Dull Moment....

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Never a Dull Moment....

Postby Bobbie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:56 pm

Sounds like a wonderful time for your daughter and friend.

My DIL did not tear her meniscus. it was her ACL. Used to always involve surgery but medical opinion has changed. Hope it is the same with your injury.

We met our English family in Disney World in FL after Xmas two years ago. Our youngest g daughter and her friend were 6 and loved it.

Let us know the results of your MRI.Have a wonderful time. You deserve a long, fun break.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:02 pm

Thanks so much Bobbie! I'm really looking forward to getting away. It's been so unseasonably cold in NY, so I am looking forward to the warm weather! Our winter was mild, so I guess our spring is making up for it! We actually had a couple of inches of snow this past week. Crazy!

Thanks again everybody!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 3:26 pm

Well, it was confirmed today, the MRI showed a tear. The good news is that I had started PT already, which is what I would have to do for this anyway. It's so much better than it was a couple of weeks ago. I should be ok walking in Disney. I just will have to rest it every now and then. The doctor said that I have to exercise to strengthen the muscles. If it keeps flaring up, then they do what he referred to as a very easy surgery with a scope. I have had several issues with my back, neck and now knee. All of them were due to weakened muscles because of lack of exercise and working on a computer all day. I absolutely hate exercising, but it is so very important to do, as I'm learning the hard way. I am not a gym person, but I am going to try and make an effort to do something. My 70 year old mother is in better shape than I am! Ever since turning 40 a few years ago, I am really falling apart! LOL I have been wearing contacts since I was in college because I can't see anything far away. But now I can't see close up either! I had to buy those reading glasses in CVS! My husband is younger than me, so you can imagine the jokes - and tearing my miniscus getting out of the car has really given him some good material now! I can only laugh about it! :-)

tessa63
Regular Contributor

Postby tessa63 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:01 pm

Hi Lisa

Disney is the happiest place on Earth so you won't even notice your knee lol. I hope it is feeling better because they have changed their policy a lot regarding handicapped people moving to the front of the line. You can sit in a wheelchair etc but I don't think you get to ride the rides any sooner than anyone else anymore. Your trip sounds perfect and Epcot requires the most walking so you made the right choice. We have been to Disneyworld about 6 times over the years and the first time was when my boys were 5 and 7. I wouldn't have taken them any sooner because a 5 year old is just at the right starting age for Disney. Last year while visiting Cali, we went to Disneyland and my boys are 19 and 21 now.... we still love it.

T

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:25 pm

Glad that pain and discomfort is improving , maybe you won't need surgery. My husband had a surgery for meniscuc trough the scope and it's was easy procedure but he needed three day of antibiotics.Have fun in Disneyland but be sure to ask your doctor for some pain madication or some antiinflammatory meds to have with you in case pain returns.Good luck!

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:07 am

Thanks Tessa and Georgina! It is a ton better, so I think I will be fine. I will rest as needed and see if I can ice it somehow at night. I will also load up on aleve or advil as needed. I am not a fan of pain killers because they make me groggy. I am sure not rushing to do any surgery on it, especially if you need antibiotics as you said Georgina. I am hoping with PT and exercise, it will stay well, for at least the near future. I'm sure as I get older, it will cause problems again at some point. Anyway, I am sure as you said Tessa, I will forget all about it, once we are at "the happiest place on earth." :-)

Thanks again and have a great day!

dessay13
Brand New Poster

Postby dessay13 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 8:37 pm

Lisa-

I feel a huge kinship with you- my hubbie and I LOVE DISNEY (and we have no kids)!!! One of my hopeful milestones after my hip recovery is to take another trip there. Where do you guys stay?

I'm sending lots of love and healing thoughts to your meniscus. You'll be fine! You can always call a "rest/pool day" at the hotel in between your heavy walking days, too. I'm sure already know the ins and outs, but you could always watch MK fireworks from another location like Narcoossee's or California Grill. Just something to look forward to!

Cheers and hopes for a pain-free vacay!!

Cara

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:05 am

Thanks so much, Cara! I really appreciate your well wishes! :-)

Return to “Free Form Discussion”