Sick - Went to ER

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
beth22
Long Time Contributor

Sick - Went to ER

Postby beth22 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 7:31 pm

I will be off the board for a few days to recuperate hopefully. I woke up at 4:00 a.m. with terrible stomach cramping and after about 3 bms that were constipated, had lots of D and bloody M. I got very lightheaded and every time I would get up, I felt as if I was going to faint, so off to the ER I went. They said I was dehydrated and gave me IV fluids. I brought in stool samples which are being tested. I have pancreatitis again, but that is not what is causing this. I have not had D for 10 months, but have eaten out the last few days and it may be from that.

richlin
Regular Contributor

Re: Sick - Went to ER

Postby richlin » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:12 pm

@beth22

Yikes, I hope you feel better!

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Mon Mar 28, 2016 10:17 pm

Oh Beth,

I am so sorry.....so difficult to go through. Hoping the test's are negative and it gets down to the "eating out" which can throw everything off.
Please take care of yourself and keep us updated
Sending positive thoughts your way..........
NanciT

Dobies#1
Long Time Contributor

Postby Dobies#1 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:02 pm

Oh Beth! I'm so sorry to hear this. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.'Please update when you can. (((((HUGS)))))

NikaNik
Long Time Contributor

Postby NikaNik » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:15 pm

So very sorry, Beth. You are in my prayers! Hope you get to feeling better soon. xo

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:50 pm

Beth: I hope this is just some bug you picked up and that you feel better soon. It seems that after C. Diff, any little thing can through off the digestive system.
Much aloha,
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:38 am

Beth,
Take a break from the site and take care of yourself. Thx for everything you do but this should be be "me" time.

Take care of you.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:44 am

Spoke to my GI. He said he has received a lot of phone calls last week and today with people who have "watery D". Must be something going around. I just hope I did not get food poisoning with some pathogen that requires antibiotics, or c diff, of course. He will check the lab tests on the hospital site tomorrow and let me know what's up. Doctor in ER ran some kind of culture for rotavirus too. That's a first for me, but maybe they have seen cases of it. Thanks for all your kind words. It does help. I am so tired of having all these issues the last 8 years. Now my BP is to high. This morning it was so low, I almost passed out a few times. I guess the stress and the saline fluids, plus I took half a dose of BP meds. Stomach still hurts and have enough gas to send up a hot air balloon.....

saraht
Long Time Contributor

Postby saraht » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:20 am

Sending prayers, Beth! I hope it's nothing serious. Feel better, and get lots of rest!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:00 am

Praying that today you are feeling much better. It never seems to end does it? Hang in there, you will feel better. God Bless.
CAROL

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:25 pm

All stool tests were negative - c diff, culture, parasites, rotavirus, giardia, cryptosporidium. I didn't know the doctor ran that many. Anyway, no more D so far. I guess it was either a virus, food poisoning or maybe even the pancreatitis, since it is worse this time around. I'm just glad I am on Spring break and did not have to go to work today because I am worn out. All the stress has made my BP go high too. It had been on the low side. So, now I have to see if I want to go on prednisone for the pancreatitis. I don't think it is a good idea with my c diff history, but I will have to find out more about it. If anyone has taken prednisone post c diff, please let me know. I know it is given for respiratory infections and/or sinusitis sometimes.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Mar 29, 2016 8:56 pm

Rest. Don't worry. You have conquered far worse. Prayers and good thoughts.

Lisa33
Long Time Contributor

Postby Lisa33 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:37 pm

I'm just seeing this post now. I'm so sorry that you have been so ill. Thank God everything came back negative. I'm sending you prayers for a speedy recovery. I wish you didn't have to deal with this pancreatitis so often. Rest well and feel better!

Hugs to you,
Lisa

sevla
Regular Contributor

Postby sevla » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:40 pm

So sorry you are going through another big scare, Beth. Feeling thar sick will definitely make you feel exhausted - physically and emotionally. Try to get some rest and do small things you like during spring break. Stay strong. Hugs

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Postby georgina » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:48 am

Sorry you are sick Beth , but happy that test were negative.Feel better soon!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”