just curious

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
tonia
Regular Contributor

just curious

Postby tonia » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:47 pm

Hello.

I am just curious if anyone else vision has gotten markedly worse since c diff....especially if you were on vanco for an extended period of time. Most likely not related, but before this whole mess, I had 20/20 vision. Now I can't make out the numbers on the alarm clock that is 6 feet away from me. Probably just getting old, but thought I would ask.

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Re: just curious

Postby NanciT » Fri Feb 26, 2016 11:27 pm

Hi Tonia

I have not seen anyone post about this, or experienced it myself. The one thing I have seen and experienced is hearing issue. I was on Vanco about 8 weeks ago and had alot of ringing in my ears this time, never in the past.
Maybe go in and get your vision checked, it can change. I had this done about 3 months ago and the ODD thing is....mine got better!! The OD that saw me said he does not see that very often. I needed new glasses with less RX. Very strange!
NanciT

RhinoRy
Regular User

Postby RhinoRy » Tue May 17, 2016 4:02 pm

I know this post was from awhile ago but wanted to reply. Yes, Tonia, my vision has gotten worse. I keep hoping its just because I am nutritionally deficient and that I will bounce back but I'm starting to doubt that. Before this I wore glasses occasionally as my vision was slightly off but it was a very light prescription. Now I really struggle. I'm much more near sighted now. Not sure if it has anything to do with the vanco but it is discouraging.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue May 17, 2016 5:10 pm

My vitamin A level went very low when I had c difficile. Vitamin A can affect your vision. Have it checked as well as other vitamins like B12, B6, etc. to make sure you don't have deficiencies.

My eyes were ok, but my hearing suffered on vanco as well. Tinnitus for sure and I did get a hearing loss. Subsequent sinus and ear infections made it worse, plus I have thyroid problems, which also affect hearing. But, on vanco, I definitely noticed the ringing and some mild loss, but it got mostly better when I stopped the meds, although not ever 100% the way it was prior to taking it.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”