orange juice

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
tonia
Regular Contributor

orange juice

Postby tonia » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:39 am

Good morning everyone. I hope you had a good thanksgiving.

My question today is, has anyone tried drinking small amounts of orange juice since c diff? It is cold and flu season and I would like to give it a try. This is something I had trouble with during all those years of chronic D. My entire digestive system was inflamed according to the scopes I had through the years. Now, after treating for c diff, there is not a single sign of any inflammation so in my mind, I think it might not affect me the same as it used to. I do not seem to experience much in the way of food intolerances like so many others here, which I am very grateful for. I have to be careful with supplemental type vitamin c and calcium as it causes me to grow beautiful rock gardens in my kidneys. The doc said trying OJ or V-8 would be a better option.

point of the ramble, have any of you tried it and done ok? If you tried it and had issues, was it bowel issues, burning stomach or what? Gonna give it a try, just 6 or 8 oz, but wondering what I might expect...thanks so much!

georgina
Long Time Contributor

Re: orange juice

Postby georgina » Sat Nov 28, 2015 9:59 am

Hi Tonia
I haven't tried orange juice but i'm drinking every day 2 glasses of carrot+apple juice (made with my juicer) and i'm feeling really good.Carrot juice has high content of β-carotene, a source of vitamin A, but it is also high in B vitamins like folate, and calcium, magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, and iron and it's also good for digestion.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Nov 28, 2015 4:14 pm

You might try Ester C. It has not bothered my GI tract. It is supposed to be the easiest form to absorb.

justme
Long Time Contributor

Postby justme » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:46 pm

I don't drink or eat anything citrus or citric acid, but it's because of a urethral stricture not the colon. I get Vit C with a multi-vitamin every day. If you don't have a reaction to it citrus, you should be okay.
Anne

Return to “Free Form Discussion”