Dog has tumor

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
notheidi
Regular Contributor

Dog has tumor

Postby notheidi » Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:17 pm

I am so sad and distraught. When I got c diff two weeks ago, I ran out and got my dog vaccinated wherever I could as fast as I could, as his had expired. I live alone and I was afraid if I had to be hospitalized, I wouldn't be able to board him anywhere since his vaccines had expired. I don't have anyone to help me. I was trying to help him.

In 2010, I had a cat who got vaccine associated sarcoma from a rabies shot. This is a very aggressive cancer that is caused by the adjuvant in the 3 year rabies vaccine. She had to be put down.

My dog now has a lump where he got the rabies vaccine. Same as the cat's. I am beside myself. Totally preventable. All I had to do was get the one year vaccine instead. I was sick and exhausted and I just took what the vaccine clinic had. Now he has the same kind of round, hard lump under the skin, arising from the muscle. Exact same thing.

I've been having an awful time of it the past year. I was displaced due to wildfire smoke in my home last November. I moved 3 times to temporary places, lived out of a hotel for 3 months, and finally settled in this rental in February. My other dog died in December from dementia. Then my current dog got colitis from food allergies for 3 months from Feb through April. We just stabilized him. And now this.

I need 4 crowns for 5K. I am in temporaries and today the temporary broke for the second time.

I have a lot of financial stress because I'm in my second year of owning my own business and struggling but I don't want to work for anyone else so I'm trying to hang in there.

Sometimes I just feel I can't go on anymore. I really don't know when things are going to get better. It feels like never. It's so hard when things come one after another like this and you don't have time to recover before the next bad thing. Thanks for listening.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Dog has tumor

Postby Bobbie » Sun Aug 07, 2022 2:07 pm

Stop beating yourself up. Sounds as tho u are doing everything right,

I am a long time survivor of c diff and understand.Had my mouth redone as broke several teeth (grind my teeth) and dentist pulled wrong one, causing osteomyelitis. Went to work with a PIK line.

Hope newer and fresher people give u some advice.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Sun Aug 07, 2022 4:25 pm

Thanks Bobbie. Since learned that it's not only the 3 year vax, it can be any. Also that some dogs just have those lumps and they can go away weeks later. Hope that's the thing here.
2010 mod/sev w/leukocytosis, cefdenir-sinus inf, metro rx'd wrong, resurged during tx. recovered w/dose change, lost 40 lbs. 2015 mod recur fr SNF, no abx, resolved w/vanco. 7/2022 mod recur, community acq, no abx, intermittent prodrome but didn't realize

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon Aug 08, 2022 1:03 am

Those lumps happen to kids as well. I remember when my daughter was a toddler or even a baby and she got that after a shot. The pediatrician said not to worry and it would go away in a few months and it did.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Mon Aug 08, 2022 7:15 pm

Thanks Beth. Keeping my fingers crossed. He has an upcoming vet appt so I will ask then.

notheidi
Regular Contributor

Postby notheidi » Wed Sep 14, 2022 10:12 pm

Update: dog is fine. Vaccine reaction subsided. :)

NanciT
Long Time Contributor

Postby NanciT » Thu Sep 15, 2022 9:45 pm

Sorry you are going through all this, happy to hear the dog is fine. Any injection site can swell or cause a lump and usually they will clear up.

It sounds like you are under extreme stress, do something for yourself. Read a book, take the dog for a walk ( often helps me) try some relaxation techniques ( I found several online while I was dealing with CDIFF) it did help me. Stress can take a big toll on us, be kind to yourself and see a counselor if you think it may help

Take Care and feel better soon

NanciT

Return to “Free Form Discussion”