3 years since last CDI. Should I chance a breast augmentation??

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
Ygy
New User

3 years since last CDI. Should I chance a breast augmentation??

Postby Ygy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 1:50 pm

What are your opinions on getting a breast augmentation after having 3 separate cdiff infections? Last infection was 3 years ago in may 2018

My history :

1. Age 26 in November 2012 was my 1st cdiff infection while pregnant with 1st child. Healed with 10 day vanco. **No problems but triggered mental illness /OCD/ anxiety/ germs phobia.**
2. Age 31 in august 2017 was my 2nd cdi after taking Macrobid for UTI. Also was pregnant with 3rd child. Had atypical symptoms so cdiff was untreated for over a month.10 day course of vanco didn’t work. 6 weeks of vanco but not improving. Dificid healed me. But PI-IBS persisted.
3. Age 32 in May 2018- 3rd CDI happened a few days after csection for my 3rd baby. Only took one dose of IV vanc. But GI doc thinks I got it from hospital stay. 10 day Dificid healed me. Bad PI- IBS persisted

Age 33- had to take antibiotic for UTI but took 10 days DIFICID with it. DID NOT get a cdi. Although had a few IBS flares that were scares. But I have tested negative many times.

Now I’m 35 and it’s been 3 years since my last CDI, I still have IBS flares but I’m otherwise healthy and fit. Life is normal again..

I want to have a breast augmentation. Between breastfeeding 3 kids and 20 lb weight loss on my already slender frame (due to cdiff. but I’ve since gained back and I’m at a healthy weight.) I’ve lost most of my breast tissue.

The plastic surgeon said it is an outpatient procedure at their own surgical center- not a hospital and he will use IV vancomycin and will order me Dificid as prevention again.

Has anyone had a positive experience with outpatient procedure? My other concern is possibly having to take colace/ laxatives bc of anesthesia and pain meds may constipate me. Can stool softeners activate cdiff? I know laxatives can trigger cdiff.

I’ve emailed my GI and ID to ask their professional advice. I know this isn’t a medical site.
But I’d like some opinions of those who have had an experience with cdiff themselves. Any opinions??

I really want this BA done but I don’t want to regret it and send my life into a tailspin if I were to get cdiff again. I’m wondering if the benefits outweigh the risks.

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: 3 years since last CDI. Should I chance a breast augmentation??

Postby Bobbie » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:10 pm

Don’t do it.

Ygy
New User

Postby Ygy » Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:02 pm

Thank you for your input! Bobbie have you had a bad experience with an outpatient procedure?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Thu Jun 10, 2021 9:48 pm

Personally, I would only do a surgery that was necessary, not elective.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”