IgA Levels

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
healthys
Contributor

IgA Levels

Postby healthys » Wed Dec 30, 2020 7:35 pm

Hello Everyone!

I thought I will post this question to all the awesome folks here. I am recovering from C-Diff and currently 9 weeks post vanco. I have 2-3 BMs a day, mostly 2 and they tend to be on the loose side with foam afterwards ( which I have been told is mucous ). So I think the IBS is going on for now.

I had an unrelated question - around the time I was getting diagnosed for appendicitis which is what lead to c -diff later, my PCP had tested my IgA and IgM levels. IgM was fine but IgA showed to be a little elevated at 412 - the range is 80-400 mg/dl. Could it have been due to the perforated appendix which was not diagnosed at that point?

I was hoping someone here who has experience with testing these could share some insights, any insights! I am also going to ask my doc about this but they seem to be out for holidays so thought will check on this forum as well!

Thank you so much!!

Return to “Free Form Discussion”