Pancreatitis

Veteran support board users and new posters - use this forum to talk about whatever you want. Topics may be C. diff. related but are not required to be. Post here about posters' birthdays, holiday greetings, vacation plans, etc. If it doesn't fit in another forum, put it here.
robert
Brand New Poster

Pancreatitis

Postby robert » Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:04 pm

Has anyone been diagnosed with pancreatitis related to c diff

Kuro
Contributor

Re: Pancreatitis

Postby Kuro » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:20 pm

If I am not mistaken, at least one of the mods (Beth22) developed issues with pancreatitis after CDiff. I know there have been posts by others about the subject, too. Try the search bar in the upper right. :)

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:10 am

Yes, it was me. There have been a few other posters too. I still get elevated lipase and amylase from time to time. Seems that the inflammation that I have been left with causes it, although auto-immune pancreatitis has been mentioned as well. All I know is that I never had issues before the c difficile. I also got SIBO as a result of that.

maxny2
New User

Postby maxny2 » Fri Jun 22, 2018 8:43 pm

I had acute (ie not chronic) pancreatitis, kidney *and* liver disease when first diagnosed with C diff. Was in hospital for 10 days, I was quite a wreck.

I had been drinking alcohol excessively for a month when I was diagnosed. C diff and alcohol misuse = a bad combination.

However, I was only 33 y/o with no history of pancreas kidney or liver problems, so I strongly suspect that the C diff toxins had a causal role in the organ problems, moreso than did the drinking.

Thankfully, all my enzymes returned to normal in time.

Return to “Free Form Discussion”