coping with c diff

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
angelicabuonopane
New User

coping with c diff

Postby angelicabuonopane » Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 pm

Hi my name is Angelica and i have been on and off with c diff for about 2 years now, before c diff i was completly normal with the occational cold or virus but after c diff attacked my GI track i have had alot of stress with dealing with the symptoms and not feeling well, most of my doctors had incouraged me to seek guidence and talk about what may or may not cause me to be anxious. i thought that seeing a therapist would make me feel crazy or that my sickness was more mental then physical but it turns out that
C diff feeds of being nurvos and anxiety, meaning that the more nurvos you would get the worse and long your c diff episodes would last. it turns out that a therapist is just what people dealing with multiple relapses of c diff need. i am in no position to tell anyone if they should or should not seek mental gidence but i know that it made me feel better. esp when i could walk out of the office c diff free....... just a sugestion

thanks for listening and good luck to you guys

Fire2
Regular Contributor

Re: coping with c diff

Postby Fire2 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:24 pm

Having a positive mental attitude is crucial in battling any serious disease. You've got to want to get well, believe that you will get well, and constantly work towards your goal of getting well. Then you will have to allow yourself to accept the fact that you have indeed beaten it. Stress is like adding fuel to the C-Diff symptoms.

Fire

angelicabuonopane
New User

Postby angelicabuonopane » Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:55 pm

nice outlook on life i hope you never lose that additude in life......

-----angelica

Fire2
Regular Contributor

Postby Fire2 » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:30 pm

In my career I've shared a 1st breath, and last breaths...I've had life slip through my fingers far too many times...I've been able to snatch life back from death's grasp. You have to believe in yourself, your ability to succeed and fight if necessary. If you don't believe that you can get well or beat the disease...you very likely wont. A person that gives up will not make it. Positive mental attitudes are vital to your recovery. If that requires professional Mental Health intervention...do it.. C-Diff affects many parts of our bodies and lives, depression is one of them and needs to be recognized and handled appropriately.

Fire

angelicabuonopane
New User

Postby angelicabuonopane » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:46 pm

thanks for the good advice you have made me think more positive and i am a strong person and i will get through this.......

good luck to you and i will keep you in my prayers

------angelica

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”