Struggles with weight

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
arose
Regular Contributor

Struggles with weight

Postby arose » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:40 am

Hey everyone. I know I haven't been on here as much as I would have liked to be lately! My computer crashed so that took some time to get fixed up and I've recently moved back out to school so that was rather time consuming. I'm hoping to get on here once a day to pay it forward a little because you guys helped me so much during my battle with c diff.

I've been feeling pretty well as far as gastrointestinal issues go - only the occasional "bad day" but for the most part, I've been back to normal(ish...). However, the only thing that isn't changing is my weight. I have been doing great in so many ways but I have only gained 3 lbs back since I was sick. I was 92lbs at my lowest and still am only 95lbs (before c diff, I was about 110). I hate how I look sometimes like this (so bony) and it really annoys me when people call me anorexic or too skinny. I wish I could just shake them and tell them what I've gone through with this horrible disease instead of just laughing it off. I'm 5 months off of medication.

I'm not sure where to go from here. I've been eating completely normally and trying to be as active and healthy as possible - unfortunately I am just not seeing the results that I'd like to. Has anyone else gone through this? Any advice? Thanks!!!

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Re: Struggles with weight

Postby gm37 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:51 am

So glad things are going well for you!
Weight loss is normal for c-diff. I lost 30. At first, my weight stayed off. Then slowly, I gained it all back. Now, I am trying to get some off!!!
I would say that the weight will come back. Try drinking an Ensure everyday. If you don't gain it back in 6 months, ask your doctor. I predict you will start gaining soon.
Chubby again,
Anne

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Struggles with weight

Postby getwellsoon » Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:12 pm

It took me awhile to gain back the weight also, almost a year but now I'm too fat again and have to lose. Oh well, I don't mind being heavy as long as I am CDiff free. Just wanting to eat is a blessing after you have been through the dark days of CDiff. You will get there, don't push it. Try to eat things high in calories but not things that will upset the GI tract, you know what you can and can't eat. Good to hear from you and keep us posted. Carol
CAROL

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”