C. Diff. again and again and again

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
rtrospect
New User

Re: C. Diff. again and again and again

Postby rtrospect » Mon Sep 02, 2013 7:51 pm

I thought I should type an update. I have finished the 3 week xifaxin chaser after the third round of dificid taken this summer. So far things seem pretty alright. I have again been able to eat pizza(with the help of lactase enzyme tablets), salads, breads, veggies and just all kinds of foods I can't touch while c.diff infection is active. Do I think I am "cured"? who knows? I will continue to look at it this way, if I prepare for the fact that I may get it again then I am not shocked if it shows up. If I think that I won't ever get it again and then do, well, that very well may break me down for a moment. I have eaten quite a bit of chocolate and sugary junk over this holiday weekend and my belly is not feeling very grateful for my splurge on food. However, it feels like a normal ole fashioned, "oh crap, I ate too much food!" belly ache. I have learned not to freak out anymore. It is what it is. If needed I would do the dificid/xifaxan mix again. Mostly I would prefer the FMT but would concede if they insisted on dificid first. Oh and about the boyfriend that I stated was such a great suport....well he asked me to move out during my c.diff infection in June. Life continues to dish out challenges and I continue to keep pushing on. I will be moving in with my mother which works out great. My papa passed away December last year so she needs me as much as I need her right now. I will continue to smile...because I can.
Peace and good health to you all.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 12:29 am

Glad you are doing better. I wish that I could eat what you can eat. That is great. Sorry about the boyfriend, but better to find out now rather than later I guess. This will be a good time for you and your mom to have some close time together and it will be good for both of you to have each other for support. I wish you all the best and come back and post again, even if you are fine. It gives hope to others who are still struggling.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Sep 04, 2013 8:45 pm

rtrospect,
You have a great attitude, "What will be, will be." Sorry about the BF. This has happened to several others on the site - backed out at the last minute. Beth is right - better to find out now than later.

I love your saying, "I will continue to smile -- because I can." It's a winner. Best to you. Keep in touch.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”