Sometimes you've got to just laugh.

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
arose
Regular Contributor

Sometimes you've got to just laugh.

Postby arose » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Oh, sigh. So I've been feeling great lately and not had any problems but OF COURSE right when I start feeling better, all hell has to break loose! I got up last night to get a glass of water in the night and obviously I got up too fast, fainted, and smacked my head into the wall. Now I'm suffering a minor concussion but I'm trying to remain positive. I haven't had any "dangerous" concussion symptoms (like vomiting etc.) just a headache and very sleepy. My boyfriend is keeping a close eye on me (he's an EMT) and my parents are too.

Sometimes you just have to shake your head and laugh though - it's just one thing after another!

I also wanted to share a website I came across. I know we don't generally post links to other sites, but I think this site is a really wonderful resource.

http://www.girls-with-guts.com/

I think any of the gals on here with an IBD would be a great inspiration for others reading the site. I urge anyone who feels open to submit a story!

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Re: Sometimes you've got to just laugh.

Postby gm37 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:51 pm

Arose,
How awful! That must have really scared you! A concussion can really make you feel sick. I hope you recover quickly.
I love your attitude. You might as well laugh. You have to get through it somehow and that is better that crying.
Anne

Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Sometimes you've got to just laugh.

Postby Bobbie » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:38 am

Arose,
I agree with Anne. Glad you can laugh - it's that or cry - or both. Glad you are OK. Sometimes I am afraid to ask, "What's next?" Hey, good choice - having a boyfriend who is an EMT.

Posting hyperlinks to other sites is great - no problem. There are also several support groups on FB. Just type "C. diff. support." A young woman from KC started one. It has almost 300 members.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”