Coming off of Zoloft

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
arose
Regular Contributor

Coming off of Zoloft

Postby arose » Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:51 pm

UGHHHHHH just frustrated right now. Couldn't get in touch with my psychiatrist until today, so I've been without Zoloft 100mg/day for about 6 days now. I've been exhausted and dizzy lately and I think this has something to do with coming off of the drug so suddenly without tapering off. She finally renewed my prescription today (couldn't have come soon enough).

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Coming off of Zoloft

Postby getwellsoon » Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:40 pm

No, I don't think you are supposed to just stop those drugs. Glad you got your script renewed and now you can take your meds. We don't need anything else besides CDiff to make us feel bad and certainly don't want to go through withdrawals. Hope you feel better soon. Carol
CAROL

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:28 pm

I glad that this worked out for you. It may be time to converse with your doctor as to the long lasting side effects of this particular medication. Take care!!
Kathy
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

arose
Regular Contributor

Postby arose » Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Has anyone else gone through withdrawal? Never thought I'd be saying that!!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:05 am

Don't apologize -not your fault. Dr. should have explained about slow taper. If you are feeling better, you might want to start tapering now. Call a pharmacist and ask.

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:59 am

Zoloft is one of many antidepressants that is recommended to taper. You should start feeling better once you get the med built back up in your system. Some pharmacies (CVS) can put regular meds on automatic refills, then when a new RX is needed from the Dr the pharmacy gets it ahead of time so one doesn't run out. Feel better soon. Please keep us posted.
Alletta

arose
Regular Contributor

Postby arose » Tue Jun 19, 2012 4:01 pm

I've definitely learned my lesson! Always going to taper off!
I feel like an absolute mess. Hopefully when the Zoloft kicks in again, I'll start feeling better and the withdrawal will end.

arose
Regular Contributor

Postby arose » Mon Jun 25, 2012 2:10 pm

UPDATE:
Well, as of being back on Zoloft, I've been feeling great. No GI issues lately! The only thing I've been feeling is sometimes when I do heavy cardio (like loads of dancing or exercising), my side cramps up more than it used to. Maybe it's because I am out of shape after my recovery, but I'm wondering if it has something to do with the colon. Interesting though.

Anyways, hope you are all doing well.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”