My Idea

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Suezer
Long Time Contributor

My Idea

Postby Suezer » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:43 am

It is my belief that C Diff is widely becoming a community acquired illness. Many people think they get this from one antibiotic or another, however it takes a series of events to actually get it. Some people were exposed to c diff at one time or another (probably in a public restroom or other place) and it only activated after antibiotics knocked their flora down enough for it to germinate. Others, like myself were directly exposed in a public restroom "while" taking an antibiotic. This has got my wheels turning. I work for a large corporate store, employees and customers alike use the same restrooms. I recently posted about a co worker who had c diff 3 years ago and I used the stall she was in right after she had an explosive episode,(I was taking an antibiotic at the time) so here I am three years later still fighting this "crap" -no pun intended. So to my point.. my compnay went Green some years ago. They use only natural cleaners which sounds nice but is in reality helping create a perfect place for C Diff spores and god knows what else. You have no idea how many likely immune compromised people I see on a daily basis that go through our store and likely use the "clean looking" restrooms.
Maybe this is crazy, but I feel all public places should be made somehow to use bleach in their bathrooms.
(Re: my work place- forgot to mention, after a recent remodel, they have put in these porous floors that have no finish over them. Its like bare tile..ugh.)
I want to know how others feel about this and is this something that could be somehow brought to reality?
Hoping for a cure.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: My Idea

Postby beth22 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:55 pm

I think you have a very good point. I think public restrooms should be required to use bleach, but I don't know how one goes about getting this accomplished. Maybe some of our posters have more experience with dealing with gov't laws and regulations. I work in a school and I am going to talk to administration about this, as we have had some kids with intestinal infections this year - salmonella and e-coli in my group of students, so I am sure there were others. Good point, Sue.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”