Just an update..

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Just an update..

Postby JenniferH » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:03 pm

Today I am really depressed. For those of you who aren't familiar with me, I was diagnosed with c diff, two years ago. I rec'd treatment, (One round of flagyl) continued to have bowel issues. Then I have taken over 20 c diff tests, all of which have been negative. I was then diagnosed with PI IBS. The doc also said that since we don't know how long the spores are being shed, it's possible that I am infectious forever, just at a lower risk. This sparked severe anxiety, stress, and severe cleaning habits. This disease consumed me. So much, that I had to seek therapy. I was diagnosed with severe PTSD. I left my government job of 11 years due to PTSD. I'm getting treatment for it, but I wish I was normal again. Mentally, and physically. :( I'm taking Phillips colon health, and I'm bloated. I'm not sure if it's working for me or not. I was taking the pearls, but switched, due to a mucus scare. I wish I could stop taking probiotics, but it seems like the minute I do the M comes back with a vengence. I don't know where I'm going with this....
just needed to vent. All of this has been so hard!!!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Just an update..

Postby beth22 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:50 pm

I hear you Jennifer. It's been over 4 years for me and I feel very discouraged as well. I don't test positive anymore either, but have some awful symptoms sometimes and still can't eat a lot of foods that I used to be able to. As far as the probiotics go, I had to try various before I found one that agreed with me and that actually helped. You might have to do the same. If this colon health doesn't seem to be helping you, try something else like Culturelle or Align. I take a small amount of VSL#3 and it seems to help me. You could also send a stool sample to one of the alternative labs like Genova Diagnostics to do a complete stool analysis. They will also tell you which good bacteria you have and don't have. That might give you a clue as to which probiotic you should take - one higher in bifidus or lactobacillus. Hang in there. I know how you feel, trust me.

allenmj
Contributor

Postby allenmj » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:36 pm

Hi Jennifer.

I'll give you the same non-medical advice a lot of folks gave me..

Take a moment and breathe. :)

I am terribly sorry you're having to endure all of these things in life. Beth gave some great information in regards to getting tested to see which bacteria is present in your system. Perhaps bring it up to your doctor and go from there.

I hope you find total and quick relief.

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:54 pm

Jennifer, I also know how you feel, my initial episode was in Jan 2011 and I am 2 weeks off of 6 mos of vanc. I was also dx with PI IBS, to me IBS is just as bad as cdiff anymore. There are days I am in the bathroom 5-8x within 4hr of waking with cramping and nausea, I have absolutely no energy, there are days I hurt all over arms,legs,back and hands. The doc's say it is something I'm going to have to live with... I despise having to take medicine to get me thru it but I do. Yay for me.....
Does your dr not have you on probiotics? I am on Florastor, ID has me on 3 daily at this time. It seem to be the probiotic of choice for most dr's. Beth, mentioned VSL#3 and there are others on the site that take it as well.
I had one of the hospitalist tell me that after tx pt's shed spores for months.. I have not researched it, there have been some that contradict it , so I am just telling you what the dr said about shedding spores.
I just said to my Phd today that I don't know if I will ever be the same physically or mentally, so I know exactly how you feel. I used to be able to get mad about it, I don't anymore, I have resigned to the situation and facts that I can't change it and now I just am trying to learn to cope with it and live each day I can to the fullest.
I hope you will start feeling better soon, please know we are here for you, hang in there, keep us posted.
Alletta

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:49 am

We all know what you are going through and it is horrible. I have been battling for 15 months now. I have just come off a long Vanco taper so am on high alert for symptoms. We understand you and will always be here to help you through the terrible anxiety and depression. I also take Florastor and a high powered probiotic from the compounding pharmacy. It has to be refrigerated. Don't know if it helps but it isn't hurting so I continue to take them. Also take vitamins and extra D3. I can't eat some of the things I used to and now have a nice case of reflux which Imust take Zantac for or else I wake up with terrible nausea and heartburn. I understand about the mucous. For me it always means relapse but some on here get it and don't have a full blown relapse. Maybe you could try Pepto but you must check with your Dr. first. ARe you taking any anti-anxiety meds? I am still taking Ativan and it helps me so much . Try to relax and know we are here for you. Hoping the M goes away and today is a better day for you in all ways.
CAROL

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”