I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Postby Kathy George » Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:37 pm

I’ve been around for a long time, but this is the first time I have witnessed such ignorance. My husband and I just spent a few days at Niagara Falls. My husband was sitting out side our motel room enjoying the nice weather. Three men and two ladies walked by our motel room. One of the men asked my husband if the ladies could use our bathroom. My husband (who doesn’t know how to say no) sticks his head in the door and passes on the request to me. I yelled; a BIG FAT “NO”. I proceeded to go outside as I could hear them giving my husband an attitude. I had to tell them that this is not a public rest room and they had to move on!!!! Talk about ignorance and audacity!!!!!! That night all I did was dream of C-Diff Spores all over my bathroom.
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE IT

Postby amyc » Mon Jun 11, 2012 8:13 pm

You want to use a restroom at a motel, rent a room. The lobby often has a public restroom as well. Jeez.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:22 am

I don't blame you for being upset. What ignorant, rude people!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:05 pm

I think Roy is right. It does sound like that, but then he and I live in huge cities and I guess we come across this kind of stuff more often.

arose
Regular Contributor

Postby arose » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:29 pm

Similar situation happened to my neighbors - a man asked if he could use their home phone because supposedly he had lost his nephew and what do you know - robbed!

HEATHER28
Long Time Contributor

Postby HEATHER28 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:14 pm

Yeah, I have to agree with Roy and the others. You were being set up to be robbed. Hear stories like this all the time.
Heather

Cdiff free 7yrs! Cdiff left me with IBS but, I am dealing with it!!
"I am careful not to confuse excellence with perfection. Excellence I can reach for. Perfection is god's business." Michael J. Fox

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:54 am

OMG, I wouldn't have thought of being robbed, I would have been thinking spores too. Shows my ignorance being small town gal..... Good thinking Kathy!!!! Scary...
Alletta

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”