Sick of being sick

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: Sick of being sick

Postby Bobbie » Sun May 13, 2012 10:31 pm

Could be we have a distant relative who was also a worrier - I am better than i used to be but still need to improve - maybe by the time I am in a nursing home. The one thing that helps is trying to find humor in things - when I can. Sometimes laughter is one step away from tears. (I think I wrote that - you can quote me.) I'm a free-lance writer (when I have time in between doc. appointments and seldom write about illness - instead I write "funny stuff" and have had some articles published - for money even. It's fun and takes my mind off my anxieties - a little.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Mon May 14, 2012 1:51 am

I think part of it is to keep busy - not too busy so as not to stress yourself out, but something to take ones mind off the illness. A hobby is good, getting together with friends, going someplace. I spent the day with family today - visited my mom, MIL, spent time with my daughter and her fiance, went to church, and I must say, I felt better. It could be coincidence, but I think when you do happy things, it does affect how you feel. But, then again, as Bobbie said, with c diff and its aftermath, you can feel good one minute and horrible a couple of hours later. The unpredictability of this illness is what gives so many of us the anxiety and depression I think. At least it does for me.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon May 14, 2012 2:22 am

Glad you are feeling better, Beth. I always do when I "get out." I used to enjoy staying home for a day or two, but since I developed C. diff. again this winter, I find I need to keep busier - thus I don't do as much as I should at home but am in a lot of activities. When I am home too long, I become horribly depressed. Best to get "out amoung 'em."

This thread has gotten too long. Please don't post here anymore. If you wish, start a new thread and rename it - example: Sick of Being Sick, Part 2.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”