PROBLEMS WITH COMPLAINTS FORUM

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

PROBLEMS WITH COMPLAINTS FORUM

Postby Bobbie » Sat Apr 21, 2012 11:19 pm

The Complaints Forum is in a bit of a mess. Last night one poster made a crude remark in that forum -- and added remarks about other posters. We don't do this on this site and can't tolerate this. I rarely change or "redo" anything on the site except to remove double posts, edit "bad" language, or delete spammers, and the moderators should do the same. Our moderators have always gotten along well, "spelled" each other when one is ill or gone, and have worked together as a team. When a thread gets too long (3 pages), a moderator should ask the posters to stop posting and start a new thread - and only then close the thread.

The owner of the site reads it and appreciates the moderators' help but wants to see moderate language fror them and from everyone else. "Crude" is not funny. "Making fun" of what somone else says is not funny or tolerated.

The post was in the venting section titled "Superiority." The poster (Kathy) said that people are supposed to help people on the site, and not "override" the posts of others. Later, the post was removed,and the thread was closed. Kathy was 100% right in her comments, and several others have Emailed me about it. I agree with them. Our posters (and especially our constant ones like Kathy, Amy, Jo, Kate, debdee, and others) are a big asset to this site.

There is no room for crude language or "bullish" behavior on this site. We are here because we share a common problem - C. diff. Every moderator has been a joy and a help on the site - this was an unusual occurrence - and won't happen again.

If anyone has a complaint, please PM me. Every poster has the right to post his/her opinion on the site. Humor is appreciated as illness is a depressing subject, BUT only appropriate humor will posted on the site. "Flaming" is not tolerated. (Read the first forum about how to use the site.)

I apologise for this "gaff" in our usual orderly, courteous comments. It won't happen again.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Re: PROBLEMS WITH COMPLAINTS FORUM

Postby Kathy George » Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:03 am

Roy, I believe in almost ever sense of the word that I am a moderator, but I don't have the "Green" symbol behind my name and with good reason. I've been contributing to this site for over 3 years and I receive ongoing positive pm’s with much praise and thankfulness for the capacity and competence on how I handle myself within this forum. Between giving out my email address and telephone number you can be quite sure I spend numerous hours a week raising individuals spirits. Unfortunately, I have a very ill husband that that suffers from Chronic Kidney Disease and needs dialysis several times each week. In addition, he is receiving chemo for this ongoing cancer. I am his caregiver and it takes several hours each morning just to get him showered, dressed, and the completion of his morning therapy treatments. This is the least I can do for the “Love of My Life”. Even with all of this on my plate, I still enjoy being an advocate for those in need. I assure you that I plan on continuing to be an advocate on this site for many years to come.
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

wayupnorth
New User

Postby wayupnorth » Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:10 pm

I just want to say thank you Kathy, Roy, Bobbie and all of you that help with this site. I use it to get advice, know what to ask Dr's, put things in perspective, and to read a success story or two. You are amazing people staying at this for so long with all that goes on in your lives and all that keeps recurring. Thank you so much! You are greatly appreciated!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:04 pm

Kathy, So sorry to hear of your husbands health issues. You do have so much on your plate. I want to add my name to the people who so appreciate what you do and let you know how much you lifted my spirits and helped me when I was so sick last year with CDiff. I'm still fighting but do feel much better. You are a saint to devote so much of your precious time to the site to help people like me who would be lost without this site and you. There is a special place in heaven for you. I will include you and your husband in my prayers as I do all who suffer with this disease. God Bless You. Carol
CAROL

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:38 pm

Kathy, You are truly a saint. I knew your husband had problems but didn't realize the extent. Thanks for all you do for the site. I don't know how you accomplish everything you do. You've had so many obstacles in your life and yet maintain such a positive attitude.

Thanks to all the mods: Roy, Fire (Pat), Heather, Beth, Anne, Nancy, and Alleta. You all contribute so much. Also thanks to the frequent posters who help : Kathy, Amy, Carol, Kate, Kris, arose, and so many others.

This is truly a "group" effort, and every group/family has problems. We are the only ones, however, who truly understand the horror of having (or having a loved one who has) C. diff. That is a bond that glues us together. The UK site (once a viable group who did a lot of good - including marching on Parliament and getting hospitals "cleaned up" -- is now almost "defunct" because of internal infighting.") Let's not let that happen here.

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:47 pm

Very well said Bobbie. Hope you are still feeling ok. Carol
CAROL

KateC
Regular Contributor

Postby KateC » Sun Apr 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Thank you all for being here.
I hope as time passes & I am hopefully less freaked out by this thing I can be of more
help to others..
And I want to be here when we celebrate the cure !! ; )))
Kate

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:06 pm

Kathy, I just want to add my thanks here. No words can ever suffice to thank you for all you have done and continue to do for the many people on this site. You are always caring and compassionate and always willing to talk to someone if they need to do so. I know it is difficult to keep doing this when we have other things going on. I can very much relate to that, but like you, I know that a support system is invaluable to those suffering from this illness and its after effects. You are truly like an angel sent to us here and I want you to know that it is very, very much appreciated.

Fire2
Regular Contributor

Postby Fire2 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:36 am

Kathy:

Truly an angel....

Fire

JuliaV
New User

Postby JuliaV » Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:44 pm

Hi Kathy:

I also wanted to add my support and sincere thanks to all your hard work here on this site. Recently you emailed me with some very helpful information that could very well make the difference between me being well and relapsing. Thank you so so much. You and others are making a world of difference for C dif sufferers and I so appreciate it! Julia V.

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Thu Apr 26, 2012 7:12 pm

Hi Kathy, I also want you to know how much I appreciate you and say Thank You!! When I first posted my case history, you were one of the first ones to respond. It meant so much to me, you were very helpful and very informative regarding c diff, you reached out to me to provide me with material to be of help with home tranfusions, etc, and spoke with me on the phone. You go over and above helping others and have a heart of gold......
Alletta

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”