post c diff and cramping

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
nutmegchan
New User

post c diff and cramping

Postby nutmegchan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:34 pm

i've been off of antibiotics for 3 months now, so i'm pretty sure i'm in the clear. my question though is that i've noticed starting about 2 weeks after finishing antibiotics that i've been having on and off cramping. it was more constant for a week or two when it started, but since has just been on and off. initially i thought maybe it was due to the c diff and my insides adjusting, but it has always felt like menstrual cramps. i have an 8 month old and still primarily breastfeed so i haven't gotten my cycle back yet, so i'm beginning to think maybe the cramping is just signs of my body trying to return to normal and not GI related at all. when i asked my GI a while ago he said it could possibly be just my insides having to work harder to digest and break down food while all my good flora comes back. but it only ever feels like menstrual cramping, i would think if it was GI related i would tend to feel it in more of my abdomen right? any thoughts?

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: post c diff and cramping

Postby beth22 » Mon Feb 27, 2012 3:20 am

I get it too and for me it is GI related. Other posters that are post c diff have complained about it as well. It could be gyn related though. Why don't you ask your ob/gyn if that is normal when you are nursing.

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:59 am

I have this as well, it can be very bothersome. After c diff it takes many months for our bodies to heal & rebuild the good flora. I agree w/ Beth tho to discuss w/ your gyn, It is always advisable to investigate symptoms that are out of the normal. Hope you continue w/ a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted.
Alletta

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:17 pm

Perhaps you have IBS - symptom are similar to C. diff. About one out of five develop it after a bout of C. diff. (I am one.) See CDI-The Three Day Rule and CDI - IBS.

Try a heating pad for the pain and cramping. The warmth will help, and it's free of side effects!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”