I'm trying to be a fighter

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Mommy23
Long Time Contributor

Re: I'm trying to be a fighter

Postby Mommy23 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:35 pm

The "drink" for the CT scan makes me very sick for days....could be your current issue??

bback12
Regular Contributor

Postby bback12 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:46 pm

That's what I'm wondering?? I started with the watery D after the CT scan this morning. I had formed BM earlier, just with M. Now it's D and M.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:34 pm

Yum, "lemonade." That's probably what has made you sick. Hopefully you'll get good news soon, and they will figure out a better medication regimen for you.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:41 pm

On a more serious note, have you already paid your tuition for next semester? Would it be possible for you to take the semester off and get a refund? I was hospitalized when I got mono in college because my liver and spleen freaked out so much (now I know why, and it only took 25 years! yippee). Anyway, I went back to school 4 weeks later, and it was a big mistake. My grades were bad and I was extremely fatigued for the whole year. I remember that student loan programs sometimes treat people badly if they take time off school, but surely some doctors' notes would help with that. And I'm sure you could collect several very good doctors' notes. :-) Just try to do anything that will help you to rest and recover for a while.

bback12
Regular Contributor

Postby bback12 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:47 pm

I've thought about it, the only problem is I'm schedule to do my externship in fall and I need to finish these classes this summer to be eligable. After fall, there will be a year waiting list because so many will need to do externships and if I continue school, i'll be done after fall, that's why I'm trying my best to stick it out.

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sun Jan 08, 2012 12:17 am

Do think about it, really. You will regain your health much more quickly if you rest and stay as stress-free as possible. It's honestly worth losing the year. I wouldn't have thought so at age 21, but looking back, I really should have taken the year off. And my health issues weren't nearly as difficult as yours. You are not weak or lazy or (insert whatever thing we tend to call ourselves even though we don't deserve it) if you take a step back. And you are certainly already a proven fighter.

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 1:20 am

bback12 - Have you already started Flagyl or vanco? If not, maybe you should wait a day or so to see if it was the stuff you drank that caused your D. If it is not c diff, then the Flagyl might make your intestinal inflammation worse. It is very hard on the GI tract. Even vanco, upset my intestines and that is milder.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:55 pm

could you take your summer classes online?

bback12
Regular Contributor

Postby bback12 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:09 pm

I was going to ask about summer classes online. My spring classes are at the school, they didn't offer any online classes for the spring classes but they might for summer. Also, the doctor said that if it's not c-diff, Flagyl is used to help treat with Crohns symptoms so either way I will need it. I haven't started the Vanco yet. The on-call doctor told me that when I talk to my GI Monday, to ask if I should take the vanco too or just stay on Flagyl alone. Good news is I feel better today than what I did yesterday and when I went to the restroom, I didn't see any M. Just loose stools. So that may be a good thing :)

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:26 pm

sounds like an improvement. do check summer classes -- so many online now.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”