Please let me off the roller coaster....

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Please let me off the roller coaster....

Postby AThurston » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:18 am

I could just ScReAm... Instead the tears flow...... I had such a good day yesterday, did some housework, laundry, needed no as needed meds, L side pain tolerable.. this morning as soon as my feet hit the floor, nauseous, abd pain, shaky and feel HoRRiblE.... Pressure spasms B x2 less than hour. I've been on this horrific ride for close to year.... I want OFF NoW!! I pray "WHY OH WHY" Please let the Vanc work.. I'm so weighted down with this monster, I really am weak, I just feel as if I have no fight left in me. I was a strong person and this has totally taken everything fro me... my daughter says all the time, "I want my mom back." Where am I, I feel lost, sucked up consumed in this storm of the monster and can't find my way out......
Alletta

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Please let me off the roller coaster....

Postby getwellsoon » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:28 am

Unfortunately thats what CDiff is, a rollercoaster ride. I'm so sorry you are having a bad day. Please take your meds since you obviously need them today. Are you on an anti-depressant? I take Ativan and it helps. Idon't need it as much now. In March it will be a year since I had CDiff. The Vanco pulse seems to be working for me so far but I still have bad days. I thought I was relapsing last week but feel better now. Please hang in there and if need be call the Dr. Maybe there is something else they can give you for your symptoms. Are you watching what you eat? This can't be stressed enough how much different foods can affect out tender guts. Also, I found out that weaning down off HRT was what was causing most of my symptoms last week. Are you on any kind of hormones? Just trying to help sort it out, these are questions for your Dr. I would have never put the Hormones together with the symptoms I was having if it wasn't for my wonderful Dr. who is so up on this stuff. Try to hang in there, take your meds, rest and call the Dr. We are here for you and you will beat this thing eventually, it just takes some of us longer unfortunately. You are in my prayers. Carol
CAROL

AThurston
Long Time Contributor

Postby AThurston » Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:42 am

Carol, Thank you! I'm not on any hormones. I am on anti - depressant and anxiety med. I took the Phenergan and Norco and slept most of day. WOW I have more days that lately I feel sorry for myself.. I don't like it either. It just feels like it consumes me. I have been passed from Dr to Dr and end up back at square one. I hope the pulsing Vanc works for you! I have gathered lots of info from this site to take to the appt @ IU on the 27th. In the mEAntime cont Vanc 250 q 6 hr, meds as needed.. BLAH! BLAH! What probiotics are you taking? I tried the Greek yogurt, it was AWLful to me, just putting yogurt of any kind in my mouth makes me gag, I used to love it. I'm beginning to think the 3am dose of Vanc is making me sick, I go back to sleep and wake up nauseated.. I hope you are having a good day and praying for you and all those suffering w/ the BEAST!!!
Alletta

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Postby getwellsoon » Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:57 am

This last time I pulsed Vanco I found I was nauseous in the morning also. I would just take the anti nausea med and go from there. My Dr. said nausea is very depressing so he made me keep taking the Ativan. I also take Norco for chronic pain,which is a whole separate issue. This med could cause nausea also if you aren't used to it. Im lucky, I love yogurt so I eat it 2 or 3 times a day. I still find if I wake up and have to go right to the bathroom I will feel a little nauseous until I have that BM, then I feel better. I take a brand of probiotics from the compounding pharmacy called Flora 20- 14 Ultra Strength made by Innate. I also take one Florastor a day. I have been doing this since April so when I finish these bottles I might stop and see how I do. Try to calm down, take the meds and if you don't get sicker thats a good thing. This is a long and drawn out process and I know its hard to wait it out but my Dr. said it takes over a year for the gut to heal. I hope you soon start to feel better and maybe its time to find a better Dr. You shouldn't have the stress of being passed around. Ask around and see who has a good GI. My PCP treated me and he was so up on all the protocol I didn't need to go to a GI. I came out of the hospital in Apr. and hes been treating me ever since. Prayers are with you, Carol
CAROL

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:23 pm

We've all feel the same way. I think it's "extra bad" now because of the ho, ho happy 'Xmas season.

You mentioned getting up at 3:00 AM for 'Vanco. I never did that - figured I needed my sleep. Instead, I spaced my Vanco. as far apart as I could during the day and took my last pill at bedtime - first one when I got up.

Hang in there. You wil get better - honest - but it might take awhile - and a lot of perserverance on your part.

Best to you.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”