result of c diff?

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
Bobbie
Administrator

Re: result of c diff?

Postby Bobbie » Sun Dec 18, 2011 2:58 pm

Simone,
You are right - you have to take care of yourself before you can take care of others.

Don't feel guilty about your mother and daughter. Unless fairly recently, little was known about how C. diff. is spread. When my son had it in l979 again 6 years later, no one else in the family "got it" from him. Hand washing was our only precaution and is still the best one. When I had C. diff from l993-l997 and l999, no one (including my son who had it earlier) "got" it again.

Don't blame yourself. You are doing the best you can. I wish you could find more help in Brazil. Is there a teaching hospital somewhere in the country that might know more about the infection?

Wonder if Flagy could be the reason for your neoro. problems. (It has caused problems in others.) Can't remember if you were on it or not.

braziliannurse
Regular User

Postby braziliannurse » Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:22 pm

Thank you Bobbie for your words!!!!!!!!!!

At this moment I'm not using flagyl. The last time I used it was last year and I didn't have any problem with it.
I continue to have exams to find what is wrong on with me but until now I didn't have any conclusive answer. The neurologist doctor said we have to descart the possibility of multiple sclerosis. Now I am taking high doses of vitamin B12 in pills. But I am still with the same symptoms.
I read the links about the relation between the importance of gut flora and multiple sclerosis and others auto imune diseases. I am so scared..............
Sincerely, I think there is a relation between my symptoms and c diff.
I really understand what Beth says..............

Simone

amyc
Long Time Contributor

Postby amyc » Sun Dec 18, 2011 10:05 pm

Simone, did you see Bobbie's posts about affordable vanco that you can order from the compounding pharmacy in Australia? It might be the answer for all 3 of you. And this germ is everywhere, even in the soil, so don't feel guilty or suspect that you gave it to your mom and daughter.

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:59 am

Simone,
I PM'd you earlier about the Dificid - no luck. Have you tried Vanco? Amy suggested you try it, and I can assure it is a legitimate ad. Go the home page at http://www.cdiffsupport.com; the ad is at the bottom of the page on the right side.

Flagyl has caused neurological problems in many - even after they've been off of it for awhile.

bback12
Regular Contributor

Postby bback12 » Mon Dec 26, 2011 7:19 pm

Bobbie is right about Flagyl! I know someone who was on it for a really long time and everytime she'd check in with her doctor, they'd ask her about any feet or hand tingling and stuff like that. Keep an eye out. :)

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”