Anyone else feel like this????

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Anyone else feel like this????

Postby JenniferH » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

Ever feel like ripping out your intestines, and stomping on them?
Ever feel like cutting your head off, and have it sewn on to a different body?
Ever feel like requesting to have an intestine transpant? Not fecal, but the actual intestines?
Ever wish to go back in time before all this mess started?

...Just thought I'd ask if I was the only one that had these impossible thoughts....sigh...share your impossible thoughts with me, cheer me up!

getwellsoon
Long Time Contributor

Re: Anyone else feel like this????

Postby getwellsoon » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:45 pm

I want to rip off the head of the Dentist who prescribed the Clindamycin for me. I don't understand why they still prescribe this horrible drug. I read Dentists are the worst offenders and love to give this med when they could easily give another abx that isn't as prone to cause cdiff.
CAROL

Fire2
Regular Contributor

Postby Fire2 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:37 pm

Jenifer:

Yup !!! All the above and many more. We tend to forget that C-Diff can have a very dark side to it. I found that working out or even just walking took me out of the black funk ....It's not our choice on acquiring the disease, but it is our choice on how we deal with it. You can either be a victim or a person fighting a difficult disease. I chose to take it head-on, and attempted to carry on with my normal life. It wasn't easy but I wouldn't do it any other way. What would you expect from a guy that kicked in doors ??

Fire

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Postby beth22 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 8:01 pm

I feel like that a lot, but as Fire said, we can choose how we live our life. C diff has robbed me of so much already. I will continue to try and find ways to get well. I feel like I'm someone's experiment sometimes. I've had every test one can think of and I am still not well. Another stool transfer may or may not help, antifungal may or may not help, Xifaxan may or may not help. I have some options, but not the faintest idea of which one I should pursue and the doctors don't really know either. That is not a good feeling. I'm hoping that if I roll the dice this next time it will be a big payoff!! Hopefully the doctors can gain some knowledge from some of this, but hopefully what works - not what doesn't!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:45 pm

I feel the same as JenniferH but agree with Fire about being a victim or a survivor. Also agree with him about exercising. It has saved my sanity.

When I went to a confernce re Dificid, a doc. gave me a stuffed C. diff. toy. I immediately gave it to someone else who thought it was "darling." No thanks, I've had the real thing.

I have out of town company and won't be on the site for a week after today.

Best wishes to all. I, too, wish I'd never heard of this d..........infection. It has "screwed up" my life for years. (Left me with IBS and after effects.

gm37
Long Time Contributor

Postby gm37 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:48 pm

Oh, Jennifer, YES I feel like this. And besides the intestines, I would like to rip out my bladder because of the Interstitial cystitis.....and now I have reoccuring Salmonella so I guess somone else will rip out my gallbladder......

I got a kick out of your post. You just have to keep your sense of humor. I laughed hysterically when the health dept called about the Salmonella. Everyone has something to deal with. You can choose to let it get you down, or you can kick it's butt.

I cried yesterday and told my husband how sorry I was because of this. That it has ruined our lives. He is so supportive. He told me that no, it had not ruined our lives and it would not, could not unless I allowed it to. I am not going to allow it to do that. And I know that you are not going to let it either. I can tell from your attitude that you are a survivor.

Keep kicking its butt, Jennifer. You can do it.

Anne

JenniferH
Regular Contributor

Postby JenniferH » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:20 pm

Thank you so much for your replies, I laughed and cried!!!
I'm trying my hardest to hang in there. It's very hard.

Ummm...and that stuffed C diff toy scares the heck out of me!!! AHH!!! NOOO Thank you!!!

Fire2
Regular Contributor

Postby Fire2 » Thu Oct 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Jennifer: The one thing that I want both you and Anne to do, is to take this 1 day at a time. Don't worry about where you've been or how long, or how far you have to go...just worry about right now and focus on the day. This will take your mind off of the illness and actually make things easier. I've said it many times. Force yourself to be active every day. Walk, rock-out, work out, what ever, just get moving. The stronger your body becomes, the easier time it will have in battling C-Diff. Keep a daily journal to track your gains as they will be small but add up quickly. Each day that you lose to C-Diff is one that you'll never regain. They may not be pretty but they are yours to share with your family and friends. What's the worst case ?? You get "D" or sick ? We've all been there. So's there's no surprises, just a lot of life to participate in and enjoy.

Fire

Christina
Long Time Contributor

Postby Christina » Fri Oct 14, 2011 11:55 am

Fire gives good advice. Listen to him. He is a smart man!

Bobbie
Administrator

Postby Bobbie » Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:07 am

I agree. Listen to Fire.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”