Yes, I would like some cheese with my whine!

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
lindylu3
New User

Yes, I would like some cheese with my whine!

Postby lindylu3 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:29 pm

Just returned from the pharmacy where a new pharmacist asked, "How did you get C. Diff? Were you on prevacid or nexium?" He was exactly right, it was Nexium. I am so ANGRY the nurse practitioner who prescribed the antibiotics that precipitated the living hell I have been experiencing for 5 months did not know enough to tell me to discontinue the Nexium before antibiotics. Yet this pharmacist knew and other doctors seem to as well. I have friends who have been instructed in order to avoid C. Diff, Nexium or other proton pump inhibitors must be discontinued before taking antibiotics.

This will pass. Anger has no use or purpose. I just want to be well again and am scared it will never happen. I spend a lot of time putting on a smile and pulling up my big girl panties when I really want to just sit down and cry my eyes out.

Okay, now I'm laughing because the words to the country song "Poor, Poor Pitiful Me" just went through my head. Thanks for providing this forum. Maybe now that I have written this and sent it out into the ether, I can put the anger behind me.

May we all be well soon!

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: Yes, I would like some cheese with my whine!

Postby beth22 » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:05 pm

I have been angry many times and still get angry. Do it, and then put it behind you or try to channel it in a positive way by becoming pro-active in your treatment, by not giving up, staying on top of your doctors and new treatment options. It's good to vent and we all need to do it. Wishing you good health soon!

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”