need to say ~

You can do it here... but no profanity, naming specific names, etc. Try to be constructive. Suggestions to improve the board or discussion forums are always appreciated.
sentimentum
Brand New Poster

need to say ~

Postby sentimentum » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:21 pm

I need to say thank you for being here, I tried to join some months back but nothing happened. I now have joined just in time to make funereal arrangements for my mother-in-law who has passed away due to C.Diff. I would like to say with the help of this support group I was able to understand what was happening, and that my 87yr young mother-in-law was not alone in her fight with c-diff. We could see the mistakes that were made and issues of care at the hospital.
The hospital battled for eight long distressing weeks trying to save her life, but nothing they did made any difference. She is at peace now.

Thank you all for your help
Senti

beth22
Long Time Contributor

Re: need to say ~

Postby beth22 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 2:47 pm

I am so sorry for your loss. Recently my eye doctor told me that his father had passed away from c diff at the hospital as well, after being admitted for a non-GI issue. Obviously, there needs to be more precaution and awareness in hospitals, nursing homes, etc. My mother became ill with c diff while at a rehab hospital. Luckily, she got over it. I am not so lucky 4 years later. I picked it up while visiting her. Thank you for posting, and again my condolences.

Kathy George
Long Time Contributor

Postby Kathy George » Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:24 pm

I am so sorry for your loss!!!! My condolences to both you and your family!!!!
I ask not for a lighter burden, but for broader shoulders.

sentimentum
Brand New Poster

Postby sentimentum » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:20 pm

Thank you for your kind words. My thoughts are with you all still fighting this, and my sorrow for all who have lost the battle.

Return to “Got a suggestion or complaint? Want to vent?”